Nubee's first kill

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
superjimjim
.204 Ruger Guns: remington sps700

Nubee's first kill

Post by superjimjim »

Lads
Hows it going.
Watching super bowl but Madonna on now so on the this brilliant forum for a few minutes.
I went out the other night for the first time and shot my first rabbit with my new .204.
I am very impressed with this round . My previous riffle was a .22lr and this is a big improvenment. Usually with a 22 sub sonic there is a thud and the bunny can jump around for a while. With the 204 it a sharp crack and instant death.
Below is a pic of the first of many bunnies hopefully. Nice little exit hole.

Not as impressive as some of your coyotes and bodcats but its a start. There are a lot of bunnies on our farm so every one dead is a help. 7 bunnies eat as much as one sheep

I am shooting a remington sps 700 with pes moderator and bushnell elite 4200 scope. Also at night there is a lightforce lamp stuck on top of the scope. I have started of using 40vmax hornadys. I bought a box of federal 39gr sbk but havent got to shoot them yet.

Below is a pic of my new rig. Its nothing special but it shoots straight enough for me.

Back to the super bowl
go pats

jim

Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Re: Nubee's first kill

Post by Bodei »

That rabbit caught your .204 better than the Pats caught a football!
K = ½mv2
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Re: Nubee's first kill

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Those bunnies just love the 204!
I've got a spot I frequent that never produces plagues of them, but I often get one straight away or in less than a 5 minute wait.
Been taking my little girl up there with me too. The look on her face when she finds the bunny is priceless
Looking for a set of earmuffs for her now - that loud crack can't be much fun for a canine.

Nice shooting Jim - keep on whackin them bunnies