Quick Clips

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
visigoth
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varmint

Quick Clips

Post by visigoth »

I remember seeing a shooting table someone made that attached the pipe legs via something called a "quick clip". I don't remember the exact name, so I hope this will jog a memory or two. These were pipe clamps that were screwed into the underside of the table, and allowed the pipes (legs) to be clamped down for storage. Any ideas? Thanks.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Quick Clips

Post by Silverfox »

visigoth--The clips I used are found in an electrical supply house. They are used to fasten conduit pipe to the wall. They aren't super-handy, but they get the job done.

You only have to loosen the lag screws and slide the pipe legs out or you can remove one of the lag screws from just one of the clamps and swing it to the side and have an easier time of sliding the other end out of the clamp. This table is made from two pieces of 3/4" plywood so when you get it set up, IT DOES NOT MOVE!!!! I need to put a cap on the ground end of the pipes, but I seldom take it out of my reloading room anymore. It is the bench I use for my rifle vise for when I clean or work on my rifles.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
visigoth
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varmint

Re: Quick Clips

Post by visigoth »

Thanks, I may have to try your setup. We will be transporting our gear with ATVs, so I don't want the legs dropping off in some random locations. Thanks once again.