Picture of your loading bench.

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Bitman
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF

Picture of your loading bench.

Post by Bitman »

Here's a picture of my loading room. I'm going to remove the shotgun loaders on the left side.
And designate that area for reloading rifle cartridges. I have no idea how to arrange things, so how about some pictures of yours, to give me some ideas on set up.

Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Picture of your loading bench.

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Here's my disaster area: (don't try this at home kids....)

Another view of the carnage:

All my shotgun presses, progressive pistol presses, bullet casting equipment and bulk components are stored in a closet. Now I need a larger room and another gun safe.

Someday, someday....I'll gut the room and start from scratch, as the walls are growing towards the center of the room! I'll probably need to knock out a wall...... :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

RedTwo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by RedTwo »

i am jealous...
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Post by Va varminter »

You really shoot a lot off shot shells don't you?
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Rick I'm jelous tooooooooooo, way to clean for laoding bench.......a.k.a brass trimmings, spent primers, a few loose kernels of powder. I got some same colored reloading die boxes. Same machinist tool box,Kennedy brown I think??? Don't know it it's filled with same goodies as yours.
Your a little older than me and had more time to acquire things!! HaHa
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Bitman
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF

Post by Bitman »

Va varminter wrote:You really shoot a lot off shot shells don't you?
I shoot Damascus barreled Parker SxS's. So, all my loads are low pressure, and most are for short chamber guns. I reload everything from .410 to 10 gauge, paper and plastic hulls, regular fold crimps and old style roll crimps. I probably load between 6 and 8 thousand shells a year. But now I've started down that slippery slope of Varmit guns. :D
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

I don't have that much room.......

Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Bitman: If you were directing your post to me, the answer is "yes", I do indeed touch off many rounds per season. We usually go out for three or four days at a time for bench shooting squirrels on large alfalfa ranches, and usually shoot up to 300 centerfire rounds a day, so it pays to have a large stash of loaded rounds all the time so we don't have to have a handloading frenzy prior to leaving on a trip.

I like to have at least 600 rounds of loaded ammo for each varmint rifle I own for that reason. My high volume rifles have even a larger stash. It makes the winter months go by faster, and when the snow flies, I may as well have a warm drink beside me, work on rifle projects, and work that press handle in anticipation of spring and small rodents. ;) Besides, a guy can't get out for coyotes every day during the winter.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

This is my "work in progress" since moving here in August... I was "given" as space off the basement storage room and managed to carve out a 10.5'x 12' space with walls, exterior steel door and adequate lighting....

I built my reloading bench out of 2x4s and double sheets of 5/8" plywood for stability...

Sam's Club had a heavy duty bench and roller cabinet on sale and considering what the load bench and a second work bench cost in materials, it was a good buy to get the one at Sam's...

I'm in the process of adding a third bench and storage shelves to the other wall so, hopefully, I'll have plenty of storage/work area for my projects without having to put up all others...

The rifle in the rack is my Walther .22lr single shot that just came back from the gunsmith after having Leupold bases and rings installed..
AR
Factory/Factory
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

OT: Looks like you're off to a very good start. Nice job so far, bud. Give it some time, and it may end up looking like my disaster area. Wifey cringes when she goes in there, saying it's the 'crappiest room in the entire house'. I just shrug and say...."GUY?"....... :lol:

(The above relates to the scene in the first Pirates of the Carrabean, when accused of cheating in a sword fight, Capt. Jack replies...."Pirate?")
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

SpentPrimer
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by SpentPrimer »

I can hardly believe what I see. All that room, with lighting too. Sure beats my hole under the basement stairs with a 40 watt naked light bulb on a pull string. If I had a room like yours Bitman, or Rick, I would have a small hotplate and a folding cot along one side wall and live there. Maybe put in some shelves to hold soup and crackers. Sure enjoyed seeing the possibilities. Will print them off and show them to the wife. Hey, you never know, she got me a Savage 12FV for Christmas. No guts no glory.