Neck sizing dies?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Neck sizing dies?

Post by surfclod »

I am in the process of getting the parts needed to take my reloading to the next level, not benchrest quality but enough to hopefully extend my varmint shooting ranges. I have plans to get concentricity gauge, and the tools required to neck turn my brass among other things.

I also want to get a necksizing die. I have been using the Hornady FL resizing dies and partially fullsizing but feel that the time has come for a true necksizing system.

Locally I can get RCBS or Hornady necksizing dies for a pretty reasonable price.

Or would I be better served going with a Redding or Forster that makes use of changable bushings, in case I decide to go with a tighter chamber on a new barrel? Sinclair still will ship reloading equipment cross border so far.

Like I say this isn't for benchrest, one hole at 200 yards type stuff, but I would like to be able to consistently hit a soda can sized target at 500yards
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: Neck sizing dies?

Post by skipper »

RCBS makes a bushing neck sizing die that uses the interchangable bushings. I use one of them regularly with great success. I prefer Redding SEATING dies over RCBS because of the design issues with their dies. Redding or Forster just makes a better seating die, period. I do use RCBS full length and neck sizing dies. They work great.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
chip-don
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 1 204

Re: Neck sizing dies?

Post by chip-don »

bushing dies are needed for top notch reloading sometimes even when getting a new batch of brass//
a bad day hunting is better than a GOOd day ////