Got a coyote

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Got a coyote

Post by Ryan S Albright »

This is my third try I have lost two other post dam coputers.ImageThis was a 150yrd night shot.
Ryan S Albright

Re: Got a coyote

ImageI hit him at a 150yrds with a 32gr Vmax and I heard the thwack no sign of entry or exit just a mushy neck. Dead on the spot never a runner with the 204.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

That's quite a rig you have there with the flashlight taped to your barrel!!! Is that quite front-end heavy or do you use a bipod or shooting sticks? Thanks for the photo and the statistics.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Ryan S Albright

The flashlight is hollow the batteries are in the stock. I have the clip on shooting sticks from pole cat. That is what I used to make this shot. Most of the time I use a Caldwell shooting bag off the door of the truck. I have no partner to hold the light and the scope mounted lights where awkward. This way if I miss there is no one to blame but my self. I have toned down my lights a lot I have found it doesn't take much to light up there eyes and I am thinking of changing the light on the end from a Mag-lite to a stream light with the two lithium batteries and a red lenses that I will have to make. It will be even more compact. The system I have now I know I can make a 300yrd shot on a Coyote. In the right conditions. I have found that a head lamp with three triple A batteries and the LED light will light them up from along ways out. The tecnology in batteries and bulbs has really advanced. The mag lights are great but can be very heavy and cold to hang on to when you decide to hike out in the bush. I will be operating off nothing but double or triple A batteries and the new 3volt lithiums soon. This will reduce the size and weight of my kit by a lot. I have a few guys that want to partner up with me so I will be able to hike in to some areas at night with a lot more ease. The Mountian lions are every where down here even out in the middle of the valley around the housing tracks I don't think any one has any idea that they are creaping around here in the populated areas I have found there tracks in the dust on the little dirt roads that people like to hike in the mornings with there dogs and kids ride there bikes in the after noon.
sgp5163
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by sgp5163 »

Ryan, Nice Yote!