.204 barrel Length and Recoil for Encore

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Loki_762
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore rifle

.204 barrel Length and Recoil for Encore

Post by Loki_762 »

About a year and a half ago, I bought an NEF Handi Rifle in .204, and have had a great time with it. Shoots groups under an inch, and absolutely vaporizes ground squirrels. Only problem with it is that with the 22 inch barrel, it is just light enough to keep me from seeing many of the shots through the scope. Last fall, I bought my first TC Encore for an antelope hunt, and I absolutely love it. I have been thinking about getting a .204 barrel for it as well, and then getting rid of the Handi rifle. The way I see it, the 26 inch Encore barrel will get me more speed, being 4 inches longer. Not only that, with 4 more inches of inch thick steel at the end of the barrel, I will have more weight to keep the scope from jumping. Would I be correct about this, or should I just hang on to the Handi?
Thanks,
Chris
Never argue with an idiot - first they bring you to their level, then they beat you with experience.
Lee C.

Re: .204 barrel Length and Recoil for Encore

Post by Lee C. »

Welcome to the forum Loki your right on both points. More speed and 4 inchs more of barrel you should beable to see your shoots ok.