HELP --- Remington Light Varmint Stainless Fluted (LV SF)???

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
NOTHING BUT CHUNKS
.204 Ruger Guns: REMINGTON 700 LVSF .204

HELP --- Remington Light Varmint Stainless Fluted (LV SF)???

Post by NOTHING BUT CHUNKS »

Hello All.....I am in the fact gathering process on my way toward purchasing my first .204. I'm think that I'm looking for a sporter weight carry rifle. I will be hunting woodchucks (not too serious...go for a walk and shoot stuff), foxes, and coyotes. The foxes and coyotes we run with dogs so shots are usually within reason (30-300 yards). I seem to have my heart set on a Remington Light Varmint Stainless Fluted (LV SF) with a 4-12 Leupold VX-II but am open to any and all ideas. Any input would greatly be appreciated and please do not be afraid to rain on my parade - I've always tried to learn from criticism. Thank you in advance for all of your help.
REMINGTON 700 LVSF .204

LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PUT A PRICE ON FUN!!!

NOTHING BUT CHUNKS
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Re: HELP --- Remington Light Varmint Stainless Fluted (LV SF)???

Post by Vartarg »

I've had my LVSF in .204 for a year and a half and it's a real shooter! Go for it.....
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

I`ve had my LVSF for two years and couldn`t be more pleased with it.It shoots 32g V-MAX into .7 at 100yds and i havent really had the time to start experimenting yet.
The reason i bought mine was that it starts off at a nice weight,and even when you add a scope,bipod +moderator it is still bearable as a carry rifle.
The only thing i`ve done with it is to fit a timney trigger,but that was just personal choice.It wasn`t the worst trigger i`ve ever used,but i just wanted something better.
Hope this helps,
Jamie
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

NBC Ive been shooting my lvsf for about 6 months its a great gun.Its super lite for hiking and its accurate I havent missed a dog yet. You also might want to check out the cz. dont go over 14 on your scope its perfect for coyotes.