A.O.scopes

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
GlennGTR
.204 Ruger Guns: 77 ultralight all weather

A.O.scopes

Post by GlennGTR »

Having always used a non adjustable scope Im a bit baffled as to where to keep the adjustable objective set at when hunting.A shot could be from 25 to 300 yards .I usualy keep the magnification at 6x wich is a happy medium for the terain that I hunt.But as to the AO? 100 yards?200? infinity?If I have time I would set it according to the range Im shooting but who knows If you have the time for that.It is after all a walking varminter and shots can come at any range.Bye the way its a vxII 4-12x by 40AO.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Re: A.O.scopes

Post by WrzWaldo »

That's a tough one... You will most likely have to make a trip or two to the range and do some testing as far as magnification setting and distance to target to see what amount of parallax you are willing to live with. No matter what distance you decide on you will be dealing with a bit of parallax if the target is closer to or further away from the zero parallax setting, and the further away from the zero setting you get the worse the parallax gets. I hope that made sense, I'm a bit tired.

WW
Sagebrush Burns
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision Varminter

Re: A.O.scopes

Post by Sagebrush Burns »

If I recall correctly, factory scopes without AO are set at 150 yards. Anywhere from 150 to 200 should be workable.