General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
alan108
.204 Ruger Guns: Cz 527 Varmint

Post by alan108 »

Hi everyone, my name is Alan, i'm 65 years young, and enjoy fishing and hunting. I live in a little village in Kent,UK.I now live alone as my wife passed away 6 years ago at the age of 57 from terimal cancer( oh,how I HATE that disease!!) I'm waiting for my Firearms Certificate to come back from the police as i've a Cz 527 Varmint .204 on hold.I've been using a .22 Hornet for the last 5 years and felt that something a bit bigger would be best.I do have a Remington 700 BDL in .243,but, it's not "conditioned" on my licence for vermin,only fox and deer.I shall be reloading for it,and have been reading through the reloading sections,i'm going to start out with 35gn Berger bullets(as someone has kindly let me have some)over H335 as i've some from my .223 loading.I'll keep you all posted as and when I get my rifle.

Alan :)
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: newbie

Post by Joe O »

welcome Allen.You'll love the 204 for varmits.Too bad you must go through the regulations.Like here, I'm sure none of your criminals bothers with it.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: newbie

Post by Captqc »

Allen, welcome to the forum! Be sure to post pics of your new rifle and your adventures. We love to hear (and see) about the adventures our brothers on the other side of the pond are having. Gary