CZ 527 American in 223 Rem

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

CZ 527 American in 223 Rem

Post by YoteSmoker »

Having a 204 in CZ Varmint of which I am very fond of, I don't think I can live much longer without another CZ in a varmint caliber. I have a 223 encore barrel that shoots well and lots of components and stuff for 223. I'm thinking of selling this barrel and maybe something else and buying a CZ American because it seems very short, light, and handy for a close-medium range coyote rifle.

All experience and opinions are welcome!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: CZ 527 American in 223 Rem

Post by Captqc »

Yote, I just put down some coin on a CZ 527 in .223 with a Bushnell 3200 Elite on top. I don't have it yet but they sure look nice and the set trigger is awesome! I'lll post some pics as soon as I raise the rest of the money to bring her home. Gary
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I have two 527 Americans, neither are .223, though, a .204 and a 221 Fireball. Both are light, handy, easy to carry, and fun to shoot. I don't shoot the .204 much, as it heats up REAL fast, but the Fireball gets shot quite a bit. I've used it PDoggin' a bit, and even with it's light barrel, it did fine. I didn't get to use it much on the last PDog trip, but it did take out a young jackrabbit that interrupted my lunch (hint, NEVER, EVER interrupt my lunch :lol: )

I'd suspect that the American in .223 would fall somewhere between my two rifles, it will heat up pretty fast (but that won't matter in the slightest if it's a calling rifle!!!). So I say, GO FOR IT!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

YoteSmoker,

You won't be sorry with the American. I just added one to my 204 collection as a calling rifle and it shoots just as good as my Varmint.

Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.