CZ or Remy - which one is better?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Spot shooter

CZ or Remy - which one is better?

Post by Spot shooter »

I'm thinking CZ due to the trigger
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Re: CZ or Remy - which one is better?

Post by Va varminter »

Savage! And cheaper too :D. But I would go CZ over Remington.
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Post by dannybracy »

Spot-

The CZ set trigger is very nice and I dont think you can go wrong with any Remington. The CZ would be a little easier on the wallet.......but so would a Savage. I have a Savage LRPV that will shoot sub .5" groups all day long....got a .218" 5 shot group the other day when the breeze had started to pick up quite a bit. But my backup rifle, a Savage 12FV, shot a .330" 5 shot group the same day and I picked it up from Scheels for $439 and it came with a scope, rings, and bases.
Before I settled on the Savages I looked at MANY CZ's, Rem's, & Howa's. I still want one of each b/c they each have their own features that I like. It is just about which rifle YOU like the best and FEELS the best to YOU!!!
Let us know what you pick, or if you hit the lotto.....buy one of each! -Dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Spot Shooter, My oldest son has a cz 22-250 and really likes the trigger on it alot. I just put a sss trigger on my 204fv that i seat it at 13.4 oz. But i haven't been able to get out to shoot it yet. I also have two 243 rifles i have seat at 1pound 4oz. for hunting remingtons rifles. So most of them can be seat lower if thats what your looking for.
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

My friend has the CZ in 204-and loves it. It has that great trigger and it is a tack driver with several loads.

But-get the one that feels best or looks best to you. The Rem trigger can always be replaced and most likely it is also very accurate.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Weapons are like cars, they are similar as far as getting you from point A to point B, but the difference is How they get you there! With that said I'm a Remy fan, others here are fans of other brands. I would suggest you spend time fondling each rifle that you think would float your boat, see how it feels to you , look at the quality of the fit and finish, and of course the cost. Let us know what you decide and most of all have fun picking! Gary
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

An awful lot of it depends on what you're going to do with the rifle. Personally, I like the CZs, but they are awfully light in the barrel for sustained shooting in a PD patch, and yes, including the Varmint models, which are really more like a heavy sporter barrel. Honestly, I think I'd take a heavy barrelled Remington over the CZ in a prairie dog town, but I'd really rather have my Savage :lol:

For just about anything besides a day in the PD patch, I'd probably grab the CZs, though (I have two of them) because I like the easy carrying they provide. Again, it depends on what you're going to use it for, groundhogs and coyotes don't need a heavy barrel for the most part, prairie dogs, and ground squirrels probably will.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!