Muzzle loader video

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Muzzle loader video

Post by Melvin Eades »

Her is a video clip I took of Lucas shooting a coyote with his muzzle loader back in Feb 05. The temperature was in the single digits and a north wind in our face. We had the FoxPro set up about 50 yards out in front of us. I started off with a few howls and then started the FoxPro up with the jack rabbit. In just a minute or two, three deer came running out of a wooded draw to our right and ran across the field out in front of us. We figured something might be coming. Soon a coyote popped out looking for the jack rabbit. Lucas shot it at 62 yards using 150 grains of powder and a 295 grain Power Belt hollow point.

At the end of the video when the coyote is down, you can see a puff of steam come up from it's last breathe.

Here's the hero picture.

Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Re: Muzzle loader video

Post by bullfrog »

Awesome video guys!!! :eek:
Looks like you really hit that dog hard.
Pretty good size too.
What kind of pelt damage did that hollow point do? I shot one with my black powder rig during elk season this year, and in Oregon you can't use sabots, so the slug I was using basically just shot a .50 cal hole right through it, but never expanded. That made it mostly fur friendly.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
dancindave89
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by dancindave89 »

Thats out by the milk barn right. I sure hope I can make it out again this year so we can put the smackdown on a few of them boys. Great job on your second season deer hunting also.
Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Varmint Hunters Assoc.
NWTF
Varmint Hunter Extraordinare
Dancindave Zwiener
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

bullfrog,

It left a hole about the size of a quarter taking out both lungs.

Dave,

It was out at the dairy farm where we saw the deer last Feb.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.