Varmint Hunter #72 Article

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Varmint Hunter #72 Article

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Manna13: Not to worry mate, Varmint Hunter Magazine now has what they refer to as "e-pub", which is a digital copy of the magazine online. Not sure if you need to be a member or not to view it, but the entire magazine is on line for viewing. They are working on No. 72 right now, so it's not available just yet, but should be in a couple of weeks from now. Issue No. 71 is currently displayed on their site.

http://www.varminthunter.org/

Thanks for the words of encouragement from down under; most appreciated! :D Working on another one now for the magazine.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Manna13 wrote:could someone please post some scans

for a few of us Aussie readers that enjoy the many RIO stories and pics
You want us to scan RIO? .....Hotshot...surely you can come up with something creative. :) :lol:
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Actually his Doctors got tired of scanning him and just put in zippers so they can take a look any time.

Really, I think, Rick is on his way to overtaking Steve Timm as Varmint Hunter's best writer ever. Keep up the good work, just don't send all the shooters to where I live like Steve did.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You guys are starting to give me a fat head. Steve Timm? Man, that guy was one of my favorites, and a great source of knowledge if you ever got the chance to talk to him or even read his stuff in Rifle, Handloader, or Varmint Hunter Magazine. Steve is the one who convinced me on the .338-06 for elk here in Oregon. He was right......mine works great. Steve is also the one who created my love affair with the .223 Ackley, the version that Darrell Holland has his own reamers for with a radiused neck/shoulder junction. Steve was right about that one too.

Thanks for the acolades Hotshot, not sure I deserve them, but thanks nonetheless. But do know that I never actually name the places I have my adventures in.....I've seen the same thing you describe; great places decended upon by the masses then ruined permenantly for all.

But on the zippers.......you know, you're so close to the truth, you'll never realize it. I now resemble a railroad switchyard seen from space on parts of my anatomy. Good to be alive, but dang! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Hotshot, hold the phone buddy! :eek: Don't be saying all of that nice stuff about Rick!!!! :mad: We have to deal with him for hours on end in the field ya know!!! :wink: You keep that up and we'll send him over to shoot with you. :idea: Besides he just makes that stuff up anyway! Snoring that can be heard through walls indeed! :huh: :lol: Gary
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I'll stand by what I said. Good writing is good writing. So you guys just send Rick over to shoot with me, but don't be surprised if he stays.

P.S. Rick can I cash that check yet?
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Hotshot wrote:.....P.S. Rick can I cash that check yet?
Who says bribery is a lost art! :) LOL!!!!