Barrels & temps.

Ask questions and share information about reloading.
Arizona Hunter

Re: Barrels & temps.

Post by Arizona Hunter »

Hey Rick, good idea about the Quick Shade. I do have and normally-if we are camping-it is set up in camp for shade....ahhh, but now my stepdaughter has one and it's stored at my house, so I could bring it along :D .
Hopefully my brother from MN will be out before March 31 (before our p-dog season closes until June 16) and go helps the ranchers save some grass for the cattle :mrgreen:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

AZ Hunter: Better go out and get another Quik-Shade, as Murphy's Law will go into effect as soon as you try to grab step-daughter's unit, and she'll want it the very same day you want to "save some grass". ;)

If this snow ever stops here, I'll be out dialing in rat rifles myself, and if things go weather-right, we'll both be out in late March after our favorite rodents and heating up barrels in the process. :mrgreen:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

JD11
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter low profile

Post by JD11 »

A clever trick a guy on another gun site says works for him and his buddies is to use a little battery powered minnow pail aerator. He sits his rifle vertically, puts the aerator tube through the open receiver into the chamber and he says the constant air flow really cools the barrel quickly. Walmart has them for $6-$8.