Picked up my third Ruger

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
cobra94
.204 Ruger Guns: (2) M77 MII Ruger, #1 Ruger stainless/laminate

Picked up my third Ruger

Post by cobra94 »

Picked up my third .204 Ruger rifle last week, this one is a No. 1 Ruger in .204 (of course), stainless and black laminate. haven't got to shoot it yet but if it is like the two M77 MkII's in .204 (one was purchsed for my son) it will be a shooter also, I found it used at a local gun shop and it looks like it has hardly been handled, it came with a Bushnell 3200 3X9X50 scope on it but will be changing it off pretty soon for a silver finished scope to match the stainless, I just haven't decided what I am going to put on it yet. I haven't taken any pictures yet or I would go ahead and post some of them now, I will have some soon when I log into my gun list. The two M77's will bug hole or clover leaf 5 shot groups at 100 yards off a bench, I can not get them to shoot the same loads though, mine loves 35gr Bergers with a healthy charge of RL10X and my son's will shoot 40gr factory V-max pretty good but really likes 40gr handloads with a very mild charge of RL10X. I have tried many different loads in my rifle, .32gr BK's & V-max, 39gr BK's & 40gr V-max, 35gr Bergers & 34gr Dogtowns along with all of the factory loads availible but just can't beat the Bergers, can't wait until I have time to try the No 1 out and see what combination of bullets and powder it will shoot.
If anyone has any info on loads for the No.1's please let me know.
I will post the results later.