Berger 35gr Match

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Dave Allen
.204 Ruger Guns: Weatherby Van-Guard

Berger 35gr Match

Post by Dave Allen »

Hello, I'm wondering what part number you guys use ? The only ones I could find are match/varmint #20303 & dont see a specific match bullet in 20 caliber listed @ Bergers site.

Is the match/varmint the same as the match bullets ?

Thanks.
K22

Re: Berger 35gr Match

Post by K22 »

Yes they are. And that was the right part number.
If you haven't already tried them, they are great bullets and are perfect on Coyotes.
Dave Allen
.204 Ruger Guns: Weatherby Van-Guard

Post by Dave Allen »

K22, thanks..I was concerned because of the words "varmint" on the box, usually that means explosive ! I wanted the match bullet for coyotes, as I've heard its a real winner..

I'll buy plastic tips to blow up "varmints rodents" ect.. :wink:
K22

Post by K22 »

Dave Allen wrote:K22, thanks..I was concerned because of the words "varmint" on the box, usually that means explosive ! I wanted the match bullet for coyotes, as I've heard its a real winner..

I'll buy plastic tips to blow up "varmints rodents" ect.. :wink:
Hey, your welcome. I had the same fear, until someone straightened me out. To used to the 17 caliber Bergers I guess, where there's a big difference between Match and Varmint.
35gr. Bergers propelled by IMR8208XBR are a really accurate winner in my 204. Another one is the Hornady 45gr sp with the same powder.
The only plastic tipped bullets I've shot are the 39gr. Sierra's.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

Very soon we will be offering 20 caliber 35 grain bullets for sale on the Custom Reloading Tools website. They are hand made one at a time custom bullets with the following features: J4 jackets, very fine hollow point to maintain a good BC, similar in price to the Berger Bullets. These bullets are super accurate and will be similar in performance to the 35 grain berger bullets.
K22

Post by K22 »

wirelessguy2005 wrote:Very soon we will be offering 20 caliber 35 grain bullets for sale on the Custom Reloading Tools website. They are hand made one at a time custom bullets with the following features: J4 jackets, very fine hollow point to maintain a good BC, similar in price to the Berger Bullets. These bullets are super accurate and will be similar in performance to the 35 grain berger bullets.
Whoa!!! That's good news Brian. Is that all the information you have?
wirelessguy2005

Thats all the information for now, I will release more information soon. :)
K22 wrote:
wirelessguy2005 wrote:Very soon we will be offering 20 caliber 35 grain bullets for sale on the Custom Reloading Tools website. They are hand made one at a time custom bullets with the following features: J4 jackets, very fine hollow point to maintain a good BC, similar in price to the Berger Bullets. These bullets are super accurate and will be similar in performance to the 35 grain berger bullets.
Whoa!!! That's good news Brian. Is that all the information you have?
K22

Post by K22 »

Thats all the information for now, I will release more information soon.
That's cruel. ;)
wirelessguy2005

yea i know. :lol: I want to do some extra testing on them and then we will release some additional information. I hope to have updates in the next two weeks or less.

Thanks,
Brad
K22 wrote:
Thats all the information for now, I will release more information soon.
That's cruel. ;)