Days of yore....

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Days of yore....

Post by Clint E »

Wow i dont know how i missed this post . Nice find i have the exsact same model it was my grandpa s and left it to me . It is a shooter and i enjoy shooting it.
K22

Post by K22 »

I don't have any fence posts to display mine, but I do have a stump............

This should keep you focused Don until you buy one. :wink:
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

i WILL have one....Just not for a little while longer......

The scope looks good on her. How ya likin' it?
K22

Post by K22 »

I don't know why I never bought one of these sooner. It feels great, shoots fantastic, its very light, and looks cool. Did I miss anything? :wink: Seriously, all of that is true.
I have that same scope on my Sako Quad that I use for Coyote and I really like them.
I suppose I need to get another Nikon 2.5-8 for this Ultralight.....
And my Rem. Model 7 in 17Rem. needs one too.............

I need 2 more Kimbers now. Another Montana 204 so I can rebarrel it to 17 Rem. or 17/204 and a Kimber Classic or Classic Select in 243. Then I'll be happy........well for awhile anyway. :mrgreen:
huntsman22

Post by huntsman22 »

I'd be happy if you traded the walnut UL stock for the tupperware one you sold me.....
K22

Post by K22 »

huntsman22 wrote:I'd be happy if you traded the walnut UL stock for the tupperware one you sold me.....
I'll bet so........... :) Then again, you might not. I shortened the stock so it would fit me a little better and this UL out of the box was not a shooter until I bedded it from the rear tang to the end of the forearm. Totally bedded from one end to the other. :shock: Now it's a shooter.
huntsman22

Post by huntsman22 »

Alrighty then.. If you needed a shorter stock, then you could have traded me outta the painted one thats on yer(mine) 204 now. It was cut down for wifey, and a slip on limbsaver pad put on. You wouldn't even have to move yer scope........ :D
K22

Post by K22 »

huntsman22 wrote:Alrighty then.. If you needed a shorter stock, then you could have traded me outta the painted one thats on yer(mine) 204 now. It was cut down for wifey, and a slip on limbsaver pad put on. You wouldn't even have to move yer scope........ :D
Ahhh darn. I'm a bit more partial to the UL walnut stocks than those heavy synthetic things they use. Even though I had that UL setup for me, my wife took it over.