Took my Cooper out during The Doldrums

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Took my Cooper out during The Doldrums

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Girl barrels and boy barrels? I dunno about that, but I DO I like girls, and I've never had a rifle that had need of a nut to hold the barrel on, as none of my rifles is in any danger of the barrel falling off! :lol:

Call me a confirmed "girly barrel" lover, and if you need nuts or bolts to hold your barrels on, well, that's okay too. Whatever launches the rat works. But remember why they named our early American residents s.....s.......savages......(quote taken from online dictionary) "Not domesticated or cultivated; wild" Guess I like "cultivated,domesticated" rifles, they seem to me like a beautiful girl. See, I am a girly barrel lover after all! :wink:

P.S. I even think there's another 'girly barrel' rifle in my future......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Rick in Oregon wrote:P.S. I even think there's another 'girly barrel' rifle in my future......
I'd bet my bottom dollar that there's more than one in your future, Rick. :wink:
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you feel like a "girly" :cheer: Some of us have the kahunas to go Savage on skippy and "scramble" their whole train of thought, as that 39 grain Blitzking passes through their brain. Yes the girly rifles are part of the village. I too have girly rifles, to entertain the manly rifles while in the safe. I think that is how my 20 VarTarg came to be?? The important thing is that we have fun in the field with good friends, accurate rifles and a target rich environment!
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I agree but I just try to rile things up once in a while. Rick is hard to rile. He's such a diplomat, makes you wonder if he's running for office.
Maybe there is "Hope" for a "Change". Let's elect Rick for President!

It's obvious experience is not necessary, and a Canadian birth certificate would be no problem either(just don't show anybody). I'll vote for you RIO.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You guys qwack me up. :D If I WAS president, we'd never have to worry about losing our guns while I was in office, that's fer sure! :!:

Hotshot: Don't know about being a diplomat, but I do know it's too close to rat season to get too riled up about anything, much less worrying about those "other" rifles with those silly nuts on them. ;) (And the nuts behind them! :lol: )

It won't be too much longer till my view from my "office desk" will look like this:

Ah spring.....my favorite time of the year. Fresh, clean crisp morning air, warm sun shining on the grass' morning dew, the chrip of a ground squirrel, the bark of a smallbore varmint rifle, the "THWOK" of bullet meeting rodent flesh, the resulting multi-piece launch, the chuckles of the shooter as he opens his bolt........gads, I love this stuff! :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Speaking of nuts... Rick, sometimes I think you're a bit of one! :D When it comes to these danged squirrels anyway...

Nice looking office and desk you've got there... :yeah:

Guy
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Guy: There's no doubt about it! Just ask wifey, she'll confirm that I'm not only "Rat Nuts", but also have a severe case of "Gunorhia" too! :lol: She tells me that during the springtime, the rats get more attention than she does. Girls.

I've never denied that fact that I'm a very sick boy indeed....... :mrgreen:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Ya know, Rick, those no-nutted rifles can't reproduce in the safe without their "boys" intact, so you may wanna rethink that "no-nuts" thing. :wink:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glenn: Dunno about that.....there's no nuts in there, but they seem to procreate at least once every year! :eek: Must be some kind of anomaly, huh? :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Yeah, but there could be three or four kids, with nuts :eek: At least, 3 or 4 pipes, anyhow......... :mrgreen:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Glenn: And to think I thought you knew me. There is not, and will never be........ANY barrel nuts in my safe! Call it personal predijuce, tainted views from years past or whatever you want, but there's just no way buddy! :D

Hey, there's also Chevy's and Fords, Yugo's and BMW's. They all get you to the store (well, big maybe on the Yugo....), it just depends what blows your skirt up. For me, it's beautiful lines, superb craftsmanship and machine work, engineering excellence, yadda, yadda. An unsightly barrel nut and rough machine work just kill it for me, weather it's "manly" or not, and I don't care HOW good it shoots. Good thing we have choices, right? ;)

I'll just have to keep an eye on the kids in the safe.....and to think I thought they were all female! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

This one is "nutless":

Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

acloco: Dude......I was wondering what took you so long. ;)

No arguement, those s....s.....s-rifles DO shoot, and that one there is right purty lookin' and deadly too by the looks of it (that .338RUM would be a bit much for Skippy though), they're just not for this old dinosaur, died-in-the-wool, set in his ways "other" rifle lover, with or without a nut. :wink:

You guys have fun with your nutty rifles, I'll have fun with my nutless wonders out here. Just be sure to post the adventures for all to see no matter what you shoot. Even if they're without gonads or 'girly' rifles, we still want to see the hardware and moribund varmints!

Oh look, there's one now! :eek:

Every day we're hanging out here is one day less to wait for the little buggers to come up......come on spring! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

I don't really think it matters what brand you buy now. Just what standard features you like is really what you are buying.

The aftermarket definitely supports the Rem crowd....but they have been around a few years as well.

That RUM pictured has a Rock Creek barrel on it. Would imagine that barrel would shoot regardless of the brand of action it was screwed into.

One does need to give Savage a extra point though, believe there are several people who purchased lathes to keep up with their barrel habbit. The Savage taught them how easy it is to change calibers and the users got tired of waiting for chambered/threaded barrels to be shipped to them.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

acloco wrote:The Savage taught them how easy it is to change calibers and the users got tired of waiting for chambered/threaded barrels to be shipped to them.
Very true. Truth be known, if you have action wrenches and go/no-go gauges, it's not that hard to change barrels on any Remchester out there. And any excuse is a good excuse to purchase a nice lathe! A guy with a lathe and a small mill can just about support his own habit in-house. But then we'd have nothing to complain about in regard to waiting on the next barrel....we'll find something else though.....we always do. (Like no Rem 7-1/2's, or N133 around at decent prices...... :? )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA