Lee classic reloader kit for 204 ruger

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
ultralightshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger m77 markII ultralight

Lee classic reloader kit for 204 ruger

Post by ultralightshooter »

I was thinking about starting reloading for my 204 and saw the lee classic reloader kit from cabelas for $24.99.It dosen't say what come in the kit though.Just curious if any of you guys know anything about this kit and if it has every thing i need to start reloading?Thanks
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: Lee classic reloader kit for 204 ruger

Post by Hotshot »

It's pretty crude if I remember correctly. Haven't seen one in years, but a cousin had one way back. Tap the brass into the die with a plastic hammer and scoop powder with a measuring spoon type gadget. Seating primers with that hammer was exciting too. Save your money and shop for a good used single stage press. The good brands don't wear out in a lifetime. Get a set of real dies and a powder scale to make exact charges. Good used or the simple inexpensive ones will get you going. Add a tool here and there, upgrade when you can, and pretty soon your loading room will look like Rick in Oregon's. Be careful and you'll have a life time of enjoyment loading your own.
ultralightshooter

I am just looking at starting reloadindg the cheapest way posiable cause i only want to load my 204.But i also want my loads to be acurate.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

PM me your info and I'll ship you an RCBS Junior press that I no longer use. That will give you a start. I also want permission from your parents if you're under 18. I'm sending an old loading manual too that gives you some instruction for loading. You can get safe and current load info on this site and on the web from bullet and powder companies.

You'll still need a bunch of stuff to load a cartridge. Dies, powder scale(you can spoon the powder into the scale pan but you'll want a measure soon), 20 cal funnel, case lube pad, caliper, trimmer(not untill you've fired the brass a few times), deburring tool, as well as your brass, bullets, primers, and powder.

I look forward to hearing from you.
ultralightshooter

PM sent hotshot,Thanks