SOLD, please delete

Discuss, trade, swap, sell or buy stuff!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

SOLD, please delete

Post by Captqc »

Because Ruger puts the serial number on the receiver this puppy is considered a firearm so it has to go thru a FFL.
Sold! Gary
Last edited by Captqc on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: Ruger Mark III Barrel/Receiver assembly for sale

Post by BabaOriley »

Bump... If I had any "extra"' right now I'd probably jump on that. Does it come with the bolt?
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Nope! I'm using the bolt. :D I bought a Tactical Solutions barrel to replace this one, that's the only reason I'm selling it as it just sits in the safe crying about not being used anymore :cry: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You can get the bolt and all the internals from The Gun Parts Company in West Hurley, NY. I had an old frame and barrel, built up an entire pistol with parts from them.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

The puppy has never missed a beat with the new internal bolt parts. It's pure death on Skippy with the red dot over a sandbag rest.

These guys have never NOT had a part I needed. Brownells is also a good source for Ruger pistol parts.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

Thanks Rick.

I have the Stainless Mark III Slab Side Govt. Competition, but like the look of the Hunter model he has here. I sold a Mark II in exactly what I have now for $275, and regretted it, so had to go ahead and get the Mark III ($440). Might be cool to have another "upper"' for it.
Captqc

Re: Ruger Mark III Barrel/Receiver, Back up for sale

Post by Captqc »

How about $175?
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Hey gary, i just bought a new MKIII, plain jane. i would like to upgrade to a little more sporty model. I really like the upper you are selling, but not enough coin. would you consider any offers?
Thanks
Kevin
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Kevin, PM sent :D
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Sold! Please remove post.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Re: SOLD, please delete

Post by kenbrofox »

Captqc wrote:Image
Because Ruger puts the serial number on the receiver this puppy is considered a firearm so it has to go thru a FFL.
Sold! Gary
Captqc, A bit ot, Does that mean any parts that are not numbered are not considered to be firearms, ie. barrels and stocks etc. Thanks, Ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Hi Ken, yes that is for the most part correct. Here in the states if the component does not have a serial number on it then it is not generally regulated (the laws vary by state, county, city). A good example is the AR-15, we can purchase as many upper receiver/barrels as we want as long as the barrel is at least 16" long, but we have to go through the government paperwork for the lower as it is serialized. Some places regulate the number of rounds a magazine can hold, so even though a magazine doesn't have a serial number on it it can still be regulated. We also have to get a $200 federal tax stamp if we want to own a sliencer, short barrel rifle, machine gun, and a few other toys. That process takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months. This comes from a 1934 law which was to keep the gansters from having machine guns, but being criminals they just ignored the law. Most of our guns laws are made by people who don't understand firearms and are afraid of the masses being armed! (kind of the whole idea of the second ammendment to our constitution) Go figure! :duh: Gary
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Captain, thanks for that information.I asked because,up until recently, i could buy a barrel blank from a barrel maker and have it sent to my home address without problems. All that's changed now,and there's a $350 export charge to pay, even on a single blank. The land of the free isn't quite as free now. Not for me anyway. :lol: Thanks again, Ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '