E.O.R.F.S. Franchise

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: E.O.R.F.S. Franchise

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You guys are too much! I leave the property for a while to take a rifle for a walk, and I come back to see you've all been acting up during my absence. "Temple" indeed...."The Master?" Well, I dunno about that.... :chin: (I might be the master of my bathroom...)

But being familiar with "Caddyshack", I think I can guess who acloco has in mind for playing the Bill Murray part as the greenskeeper on the course.

Say Andy (ADH),......just how much did you get for those hallowed rifle bore patches on e-bay? :lol: (I know where there's more!)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Rick in Oregon wrote:
But being familiar with "Caddyshack", I think I can guess who acloco has in mind for playing the Bill Murray part as the greenskeeper on the course.
Yep....HotShot it is! :)
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I'll get that %#@! gopher for sure.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Great....I'll start practicing my best obnoxious Rodney Dangerfield. "Somebody step on a duck?" :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Words of wisdom from Bill Murray :lol:
"I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days."
And:
"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."

I think we can all learn a little something from Bill! :chin:
Is it spring yet? :huh: Gary
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Just think, A chapter in each state and neighboring countries, with the home chapter set up as a "Non-Profit Charity' would allow "official travel" expenses to be all tax deductible and each rifle, each year would classify as "security equipment", as well as handguns and practice ammo to remain proficient..

A yearly or monthly members meeting would be necessary for the purpose of evaluating the next months efforts and a review of the previous months...I'll volunteer for the paid position as Security Director and Body Guard...with all expenses, of course..There would have to be some kind of protection from the "Antis"...
AR
Factory/Factory
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Wow, lots of activity since I've been away doing some bowhunting for Elk and Moose. I read Rick's article in the Varmint Hunter mag and was going to make a comment, but I see news travels fast. As for the , ahem, "franchise"...... ;) I will do my utmost to ensure you get FREE advertising for the northern chapter division out here in Alberta. The "Alberta Raptor Feeding Society" or ARFS will commence soon, with T-shirts and possibly flags being produced this coming winter.
Savage Vaporizer
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Way to go Gube! Show us some pictures of the logo when you get it done. :D Gary
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

I think I'll start a chapter here in Colorado. How about Ft.collins Armed Rodent Terminators. Just so we enjoy the respect that is deserved by such a noble cause, this group will be limited to only Old guys. Any applications to the Old F.A.R.T.'s club should be directed to acloco for screening, then a vote will be cast by the membership and invitations issued to the worthy.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Now I like that moniker.....probably 'cause I are one! :eek: Just had another birthday today......I seem to be racking them up, but I know for a fact that it still beats the alternative. Us old farts gotta stick together.

I hope you launch the chapter Hotshot....let us see the logo when you get to it.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Post by giterdone »

Happy Birthday Rick....I had mine this last monday the 2nd. I like the F.A.R.T.S. moniker also. I think a lot of us on this forum would fit in that category.
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

If we elected you president, would that make you the Big Old F.A.R.T.?

Happy Birthday, Rick
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Happy Birthday Rick,,, :P

I don't know what I could add to the acronym, other than I think it's great.......One of the nice things about getting older....You can get away with a lot of things that you used to get yelled at about... :eek:
AR
Factory/Factory
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Someone hijacked my acronym.I seem to remember suggesting to Gube that they could call themselves Feeding Albertas Raptors Tirelessly Society. Enjoy your day, it's nearly tomorrow here. Regards, ken. :D PS. Happy birthday Rick, you'll be as old as me soon. :lol:
' Pay it forward buddy '
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

Ken,

I assure you that I have no intention of starting a border war over this. I must say, however, without tooting my own horn too much, I do consider myself quite an expert on the subject. There may well be quite a difference between US and Canadian farts, and so I think I'll assign the official screener acloco to check this out. In the meantime any input or output would be gratefully accepted.