Kalifornia Does it Again!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Kalifornia Does it Again!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

This was taken from another website, but in the end it could affect us ALL. Check it out for yourselves, act as you see fit. It seems the idiots running that state have yet come up with another "idea" to keep us all in place. What a bunch of elected fools.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/20 ... -governor/

Have you noticed that the worst firearm laws in our country almost always originated in Kommiefornia? :chin:
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: I HATE Kalifornia!

Post by Jim White »

Rick,

Too bad the state politics is the way they are because theres a lot of nice things about the place. But, their hollier-than-thou attitude along with their "kali-fornicate-you" gun laws are just to much to bear. Thats the main reason I no longer attend the US Navy Rifle and Pistol matches anymore. Personally, I don't think I would bring a pea shooter into that place, never mind a AR, M1A, M1 or a 1911. I owe my kids a trip to Disneyland (Disney World) but after that ... it ain't lookin' good.

Jim
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Re: I HATE Kalifornia!

Post by Wrangler John »

Actually the worst gun laws originate where ever Democrats or RINO's are in control. I sent a email to the Governor asking for a veto, along with the bill to ban gun sales at the Cow Palace. Chances are good Arnold will sign both into law - he's as dumb as a stump. Looks like I'll have to spruce up the old homestead, call the Realtor and move elsewhere, especially if I can't order reloading components over the Internet. Bye - bye California, enjoy your new status as a bankrupt social experiment bound to fail.
Wrangler John

Re: Kalifornia Does it Again!

Post by Wrangler John »

Update: The Governator signed AB 962 into law, proving he is truly as dumb as a stump, and just as difficult to remove.

Good news is that the law is seriously flawed, and may be easily remedied in federal court. Here's the link to a rather detailed description of how the "face to face" delivery of handgun ammunition requirement, which prohibits direct shipping by common carrier to individuals, is preempted by federal law: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... p?t=230676

The US Supreme Court has unanimously ruled that laws which regulate delivery by "common carriers" are preempted.

"In Rowe v. New Hampshire Motor Transport Association (128 S. Ct. 989, 2008) the Court found that a requirement for shippers to choose a special shipment method and that a carrier would be deemed to have knowledge that shipment had prohibited tobacco products in it, were both preempted by Federal Law. Maine attempted to defend the regulation by claiming that there was a public health exception to the FAAAA. The court replied to that argument as follows:

"Maine’s inability to find significant support for some kind of “public health” exception is not surprising. “Public health” does not define itself. Many products create “public health” risks of differing kind and degree. To accept Maine’s justification in respect to a rule regulating services would legitimate rules regulating routes or rates for similar public health reasons. And to allow Maine directly to regulate carrier services would permit other States to do the same. Given the number of States through which carriers travel, the number of products, the variety of potential adverse public health effects, the many different kinds of regulatory rules potentially available, and the difficulty of finding a legal criterion for separating permissible from impermissible public-health-oriented regulations, Congress is unlikely to have intended an implicit general “public health” exception broad enough to cover even the shipments at issue here."

AB 962 also does not cover rifle ammunition, or any loading components.

2010 is the year shooters and patriots in general can make inroads into eliminating the evil in state capitols and Washington, yet I'm not too enthused about the probability of success, just too many dumbed down leaches voting.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Un-fricking believeable! :mad: What the heck is wrong with those people???????? :duh: Time to close the border like good old Governer Tom McCall wanted to do back in the seventies! :idea: Gary
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I remember the signs at the border with Kalifornia that read: "Welcome to Oregon.....Enjoy your visit, but don't plan to stay".

Perfect.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

donputz
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS in .204

Post by donputz »

Please be careful with the blanket condemnation of Kalifornia citizens. Some of us are in our right minds and fought this from the word go. Unfortunately, there's a huge percentage of "I Want Mine" voters without the common sense to be responsible voters, and that's a bad combo. And another 2cents gone!
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

donputz: None of our ill will is directed at the people there, just the idiots running the place that your majority must have voted into office. At one time in my life, I also had the misfortune of living there for a few years and was subjected to laws that made no sense to me whatever; hence my leaving forever.

I hope you're able to escape someday too. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Donputz,

Please don't take this as an attack on every one in California! It's just everytime you turn around you hear of another story coming out of California about gun restrictions, ammo bans, lead free zones, sancutary cities, etc. I love Ronnie Barrett for telling California no sales or service to any law enforcement agency as long as they have their ban on 50 cal weapons. (when was the last time you heard of a crime being committed with a 50 cal anywhere???) Both Rick and I have good friends who live there. We all know that a small majority of voters can (and do) mess up the works for all of us. A good case in point is the general election where "the anoited one" received 9,522,083 more votes than a decorated war hero, so those voters decided for the entire country of 307,712,670 people who would be their president. I will say to you and my friends in California either take your state back or bail! Also, I hope that every gun owner will take a hard look at who is running for the senate next year and vote out anyone who is anti-2nd amendment. Gary
Last edited by Captqc on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

just a little info for the members of this site. as some of you already know i live in northern kalifornia. about 2/3 of the state, mainly the northern 2/3's, the vote has consistently been conservative. unfortunately, the power of the populace is in the southern part of the state. we, in the north are at a definate disadvantage! we are consistantly outvoted by the majority of the idiots living in the south. this fact puts the rest of us at the mercy of a bunch of liberal idiots. :mad:
as for me, i am a firm believer in the state of jefferson, which as some of you may know is spliting this state up into 2 different states. so we would be the state of jefferson in the north state, and the southern part would be, who really gives a rats behind! :lol:
who knows, if things get any worse for us, i may be looking for a place up north, a little closer to the friends i have made in oregon.

something we all have to keep in mind, tho. as the state of kalifornia goes, in most cases, goes the rest of the country. just look at how much in debt the U.S. is in. only difference is there are way more tax payers in the country than in the state of kalifornia, and the country owes money to foreign governments to boot!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote:I remember the signs at the border with Kalifornia that read: "Welcome to Oregon.....Enjoy your visit, but don't plan to stay".

Perfect.
And now it reads..."Oregon Thanks You, Please Come Agian"...

They'll be coming too...
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

futuretrades I live in so kal and Im not a liberal or an idiot you should pin point the real problem which is sacramento and a majority of the Hollywood wackos I know northern kal doesnt like so kal but we need too work together!
Wrangler John

Post by Wrangler John »

California has changed since I was born here in 1945. It has changed by immigration of leftist from the east, immigration of Central and South Americans who have a more abiding opinion of government, and the social upheaval during the 1960's that led to the Counterculture. A silent revolution within the educational system during that time resulted in a predominance of liberal and outright Marxist and Communist professors and administrators who foster and perpetuate that failed philosophy.

Demographics have changed, to where minorities have become the majority, with many expecting government to subsidize their lives. The Democratic Party uses this population shift as a means of perpetuating its power to the detriment of American liberty and capitalist economy. Illegal immigration has provided them a rich vein to mine for votes, illegal votes to be sure, but they counter this by forbidding any means to identify voters at the polls. They are aided in this by mail-in voting and various subversive groups such as ACORN, SEIU, La Raza, MALDEF, the Black Panthers and others, to register Democratic voters. Quite simply the Democratic Party has become a criminal enterprise, using fraud, conspiracy, intimidation, propaganda, targeted tax repression and state regulatory system to remain in power and subvert our form of government.

It is too late for California. The state will fail economically due to the very demographics that Democrats have manipulated for their power base, and the economic restrictions they have placed on business, commerce and energy production. They are locked into a death spiral that cannot be undone. Splitting the state in two is a remedy, but Southern California cannot exist without water, and most of that is in Northern California. With the political clout of Southern California a division will never be allowed.

Problem with moving is that the real estate market has plunged at the same time all taxes and expenses have increased due to mismanagement, crippling the market. Nonetheless, if Proposition 13 is repealed I will not be able to afford my home, as taxes will rise from about $1,350 per year to $12,000 or more. There is no alternative but to go now, and gun rights are just the tip of the iceberg. Too bad, it was good while it lasted.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

steve wrote:futuretrades I live in so kal and Im not a liberal or an idiot you should pin point the real problem which is sacramento and a majority of the Hollywood wackos I know northern kal doesnt like so kal but we need too work together!
Steve You and others, that live in the south state, that are conservatives have my sincere apology. I meant no offense to anyone. you are right that that the BS, coming from sacto, is the problem. but these idiots were duly elected by the voters, of which the majority is in so.kal. I don't mean to lump all voters in any area in one ideology. If you reread my post, I did say the majority in So Cal!

even where i live, we have to live with the liberals, and i know a whole bunch of them are gun owners.

there is some light tho, at this time there is legislation that is being introduced. it is bill AB373 (R-Hagman), that is supported by the NRA and the CRPA, to repeal AB962. hearings on this bill will begin when the legislature returns from recess in January 2010. the CRPA is asking for a letter writing campaign to let the legislature know that the people of this state want this new law repealed. we need everyone in the state to send their letters to the CRPA, where a lobbyist from the CRPA will deliver them to the legislature when they return from recess.

anyone interested in this email that i received from the CRPA, PM me with your email address and i will forward it to you. there is also a link in the mail to a form letter that you can print up and sign and send to the CRPA. every one in the state needs to take action now, to hopefully preserve some of our rights that we enjoy!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

HIJACK ALERT!!!

:lol:

I hope you're not saying the california legislators are on recess from now til Jan '10!! :eek:

Because if they are that explains a whole lot right there!! :chin:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen