E.O.R.F.S. Franchise

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

E.O.R.F.S. Franchise

Post by Captqc »

Well it had to happen I guess :chin: After Rick's fine story about fun with Skippy by the E.O.R.F.S. came out in the Varmint Hunters magazine we have received a request for a franchise to be started in Colorado. :D Yes folks you will soon see the E.C.R.F.S. (Eastern Colorado Raptor Feeding Society) in the field. :lol: Now Gube are you ready for your franchise too? :huh: Man I love this stuff!!!!! :wink: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: E.O.R.F.S. Franchise

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gary, have you figured out what the Annual Franchise Dues will be yet? It should be enough for all EORFS members to get a new rifle every year, right? :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Rick, Not only a new rifle for each of us but scopes too! :lol: Gary
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Gary, have you figured out what the Annual Franchise Dues will be yet? It should be enough for all EORFS members to get a new rifle every year, right? :wink:
Which Savage is on the top of your wish list, Rick? :wink:
giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Post by giterdone »

Maybe a N.I.R.F.S (Northern Illinois Raptor Feeding Society) franchise too? Name sounds catchy.
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Mike wrote:Which Savage is on the top of your wish list, Rick? :wink:
:lol:.......'nuff said?

giterdone: Let us know if you 'need' to open a chapter there, and reap the huge benefits of membership! (Namely rude stares and like comments from the bunny-huggers and liberals when they figure out what the whole deal means...... Like Gary sez: "Man, I love this stuff!")
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Post by giterdone »

Dont you just love comments like "what do you do with them after you shoot them"? Or "how could you kill them, they are soooo cute and cudley". They just dont get it, so I gave up wearing my "Happiness is a hudge gutpile" tee shirt. And my "no sense running, you'll only die tired" shirt too. :twisted:
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

git: Don't cave in. Wear them with pride and let them deal with it. After all, it's their problem. Birds gotta eat too, right?

I know what you mean though, it's like trying to explain the laws of thermodynamics to your dog. :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Rick in Oregon wrote:I know what you mean though, it's like trying to explain the laws of thermodynamics to your dog. :chin:
yah, but at least the dog acts like he understands and will, in most cases will not even think of argueing with you :eek:
PS; I love this stuff also :lol:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Rick in Oregon,

Why don't you just go international? You could be the president and get to travel to all the chapters, all expense paid, and hunt all over the world, all year long!!!
I'd be more than willing to go along and take pictures for you (hint, hint).
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I would be your caddy and carry the gear. "Do you think we can make this shot with the 17Mach IV, or should we just use The Silver Princess of Death?" "Well actually, the 243AI might be the best for this shot because of the fishtailing crosswinds. Remember the capt is only one shot behind and the tournament is nearly over."

We could rig up a Yamaha Rhino to carry equipment and the rifles would go in an oversize golf bag. I would, of course, keep them clean and ready to fire. I'd even carry that darn Cooper in case you had to make a head shot at 214 yards.

Think about it....this is a good offer
ADH

Post by ADH »

hold on there hotshot, keep rick's rifles clean? now, i feel EXTREMELY honored to be able to say that i have personally had the honor of running 10 patches thru one of rick's rifles while he was laid up and unable to do it himself. i was even asked to place the rifle in the safe. i was shaking the whole time and felt the urge to bow down on knees at the temple of rick's rifles. i kept all ten of those patches and have sold 8 of them on ebay. i now have safe full of nice custom coopers and a few nesikas thanks to them. i am thinking of selling one more to top off a couple with one of them leupold scopes rick is always talking about. the last one i will keep and eventually retire off the proceeds.

so as rick would be more than honored to have you drive him around and range the creatures, he might even allow you to hand the said needed rifle to him, ( as long as you wear white linen gloves) don't expect to be able to clean the the little beauties. somethings can only be done by the master himself.
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

It was only a dream. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Hotshot,
Don't give up on your dream! :alright: I too have entered the Temple of Rick and cast my undeserving eyes upon the Ark of Gundom! :hail: Yes I've even gone as far as to dare hold some of his rifles! :banana: Why some glorious day I might even shoot one! (when he's off behind a sage brush, if you know what I mean). :lol: Is it spring yet!! Man I love this stuff! Gary
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Hotshot wrote:I would be your caddy and carry the gear. "Do you think we can make this shot with the 17Mach IV, or should we just use The Silver Princess of Death?" "Well actually, the 243AI might be the best for this shot because of the fishtailing crosswinds. Remember the capt is only one shot behind and the tournament is nearly over."

We could rig up a Yamaha Rhino to carry equipment and the rifles would go in an oversize golf bag. I would, of course, keep them clean and ready to fire. I'd even carry that darn Cooper in case you had to make a head shot at 214 yards.

Think about it....this is a good offer
OH MY GOD! EORFS a.k.a. Caddy Shack III? I can only guess what part HotShot and Rio would play.