Look what followed me home!

Talk about or share information about handguns.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Look what followed me home!

Post by Captqc »

Dan Wesson 1911 Bobtail in 10mm, oh the joy! :D I'm as happy as a pig in warm mud! :lol: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Look what followed me home!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gary: Congratulations on the new piece. So, is this 10mm for carry or just for the dueling tree? She's a sweet looking lady, all sleek and purty with the cool little bobtail. Found any 10mm ammo around yet? Going to get dies and reload for it?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Rick,
We'll see if she's is a shooter this weekend! If so, she will be the primary carry gun. I went to Ted Blocker today and got her a nice new holster. I picked up 120 rounds of ammo at the gun show so I've got enough to try her out. See ya tomorrow! Gary
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

That is beautiful! Last night I just read an article about it in the CZ special edition magazine put out by Guns n Ammo this year. The writer said it was as reliable and accurate as it was nice to look at.
Last edited by Arizona Hunter on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Nice looking pistol. If it shoots anything like the Delta Elite I had, it will love AA#7 powder with the heavier bullets (170s-200s). HS-7 will work well, also. It's a fine cartridge, almost a .41 Magnum, but easier to carry around.
Sierra's 135s shoot pretty well, too, and might even make a rat wish he stayed in his hole.... :wink:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Thanks guys, she shoots very well indeed! I stopped by the gun shop where I got her and one of the guys there just got the same gun in .45ACP. I told him to sell it to me so that I would have a matched set! :mrgreen:
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Nice to see someone else that appreciates the 10mm.... I still have three in my stable...

If you can find some "DoubleTap" ammo for it, you will be really happy as a defense or hunting load...

I have some from Georgia Arms that works well also, but usually reload my practice ammo with either VV-N330 or Ramshot Silhouette... I tried VV-3n37 but found it pretty dirty and a lot of unburnt powder in the chamber/barrel...
AR
Factory/Factory
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Oldturtle,
I haven't seen that ammo but I was wondering if you have tried the Buffalo Bore Heavy 10mm ammo. It is a 180 Gr. JHP and flys at 1350fps with 782 ft lbs at the muzzle. I saw it a Cabela's but didn't buy any yet.
Gary
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

I haven't tried any commercial ammo for quite some time since I reload most of mine... I only picked up the Georgia Arms stuff since I was on the road a few years ago and needed something that would meet a "Power Factor" for a match...and since it was commercial, I didn't have to worry about my loads...

Once in a while I will find some Hornady 200gr HPs and pick it up since it shoots so accurately out of my Kimber Target II 10mm...

I recently sold both of my Glocks due to 'lack of use'.... I like my 1911s a little more in the 10..They are not as 'bulky' as the Glocks.. :lol:
AR
Factory/Factory