Primers in casper wy.

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
bret1963
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 25

Primers in casper wy.

Post by bret1963 »

I was on vaction in wyoming last week stoped by rocky mt. sports to look around they had got in big shippment primers. I picked 5000 small rifle for $145.00+ tax they had lots more. If anyone is out there hunting p dog or what ever thought might let you all know they had good supplie of powder to. :)
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Primers in casper wy.

Post by Silverfox »

Thanks for the information. I'll be traveling through Casper tomorrow morning and going right by that store on Hwy 220 (CY Avenue). I'm going to stop in there and see if they have and Remington 7 1/2 primers. I'm shooting two .17 Remingtons and one .204 Ruger and rapidly using up the primers I bought a couple years ago.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Primers in casper wy.

Post by Silverfox »

Rocky Mtn. Sports had absolutely no Remington primers of any kind and very few small rifle primers of any brand. They had a few CCI primers and lots of Federal pistol primers. I wasn't too happy, but that's the way it goes.

I had also checked for primers in a couple places in two stores in Miles City, MT. The Miles City stores had a few primers, but the prices were almost $40.00/1,000!!! I also checked in a big sporting goods store in Buffalo, WY, an Ace Hardware store in Meeker, CO, and another sporting goods store in Rifle, CO and there were absolutely NO PRIMERS available in any of those stores!!!

There wasn't a lot of ammo of any kind, centerfire or rimfire on the shelves in Meeker or Rifle. I sure am glad I still have a good supply of primers and lots of bullets and many, many, many pounds of powder left.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox