Went to GO DOWN CITY on Friday

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
majcl5

Re: Went to GO DOWN CITY on Friday

Post by majcl5 »

yea when the wind is up we dont have them up. When its hot it is not as windy anyway. Did you goto n. Califonia yet. We hope tp go again in a couple weeks.
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

maj: Our entire crew is headed down there in two weeks. The rancher is cutting right now, and with 3,500 acres to cut, it takes him the full two weeks. Now that all this thunderstorm rain has finally stopped, the cutting should go well out east too, and as it's still not too hot, the shooting should still be good for about another three weeks in Oregon and No. Kalifornia.

This will be last squirrel shoot for 2009 for all of us now that the critters will be headed underground again in about a month...... it sure seems to go by quickly every year. :? No worries though, I've got .50cal ammo cans brimming with loaded CF ammo for this last hoo-rah of the year. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

Good luck, our farmer e-mailed me about the rain said it will delay him about 5-7 days but hopfully in about 2weeks we will hit i one more time. And yes it goes way to fast i wish you could shoot them all year. But my bank account and my wife are glad that we only go 4-5 times a year.
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204