2ND AMENDMENT MARCH.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Varmintcaller
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 15001vosv

2ND AMENDMENT MARCH.

Post by Varmintcaller »

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not I apologize but i thought it important that everyone be aware of this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEAPONS OF CHOICE
2nd Amendment backers to march on D.C.
'This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 09, 2009
9:54 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Image from the front page of the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners

A coalition is being assembled to march on Washington to deliver to Congress, the president and even the U.S. Supreme Court a message that the Second Amendment is critical as the single right that allows Americans to ensure continuation of all of the others.

The march is being spearheaded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, but also is being coordinated with the National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of American, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownerships, Second Amendment Foundation, Virginia Citizens Defense League, Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Virginia Shooting Sports Association and others.

Plans tentatively are for tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of people to assemble in Washington next spring, in 2010, to demonstrate broad national support for the recognition and preservation of the Second Amendment.

"In the wake of last spring's D.C. vs. Heller U.S. Supreme Court decision which protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use and the renewed importance placed on the issue of gun rights across the country, the time is ideal for this historic gathering of gun owners at our national and state capitols," said state Sen. Alan Cropsey, a member of the Michigan organization's board of directors

"Our lawmakers need to understand that America's gun owners come from all races, genders, political viewpoints and economic backgrounds," said Chuck Perricone, MCRGO's executive director.

The event is the brainchild of Michigan author Skip Coryell, who runs White Feather Press.com.

He has related how he got an e-mail from a distraught woman in Belgium, horrified by a knife attack at a daycare facilities where workers have been stripped of arms by a draconian gun ban.

And then there are the events in recent weeks in which there have been discussions to require federal licenses for handguns and limit access to ammunition, among other things.

"This is the beginning of a period of historic change in our nation's history and it is no time for the timid. This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted," Coryell said. "We want our children to inherit the same freedom our forefathers knew. Freedom has to be protected or it will fail. We are at a crossroads. The time to act is now."

The Michigan group is assembling partnerships with other groups with similar concerns for a daylong rally which is intended to occur simultaneously with events at state capitols across the nation.

The website explains the group mission is "to galvanize the courage and resolve of American gun owners, to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense."

Coryell told WND in just seven days since suggesting the plan he's seen a literal flood of supportive e-mails.

The emotions have ranged from downright paranoia about federal agents knocking down doors to confiscate guns to worry about a lack of access to weapons even by people who don't own them.

"I think the majority of people are just saying, 'I am fed up. I am sick and tired of the government telling how to run my life."

"I think people … understand the Second Amendment is the one right that protects all the others," he told WND. "Freedom of speech, press, religion. If we don't have a right to keep and bear arms how are we going to protect the others?"

Special offers:

When it's time to shoot back – Get 'Armed Response,' the guide to firearms, self-defense

Perfect gift for pistol-packin' mama – 'Stayin' Alive' shows guns are indeed for girls

"Shooting Back: The Right and Duty of Self-Defense"
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: 2ND AMENDMENT MARCH.

Post by glenn asher »

Keep us informed as to WHEN this is planned. Myself and my boss at work are both interested in attending, either in DC or the state capitol. I'll have to get my shots before going to DC, but I'd risk it. There HAS to be something in the air to breed that much stupid. :eew:

If they set a date, let us know.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I tried to find a way to pin this topic but couldn't figger it out. :chin: Maybe Brian will pin it for us. :wtg:

Oh yeah!! I'm in!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

IGOLD (Illinois gunowners lobby day) an annual event will happen on Mar 11 for another march on the State Capitol. Two concealed carry laws have made it out of committee, another annual event. Thansportation and event calendar info on ISRA.org.
Illinois is one of only two (Wisconsin is the other) states that do not have CCW laws. All 102 Ill county sheriffs have voted in favor of CCW, but the problem, as usual, the the Chicago area liberals. Those that can are encouraged to attend to ask the Rep for support of CCW.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Keep us informed. This is most welcome and long overdue.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Varmintcaller
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 15001vosv

Post by Varmintcaller »

Thank you for your response and interest, Ill try to keep you all informed of any progress.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I think we need this as a sticky so we can all stay informed.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker