$1,000,000.00 insurence policy for gun owners?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

$1,000,000.00 insurence policy for gun owners?

Post by Va varminter »

I was watching Glen Beck today and gun control came up. Someone in Ill. is proposing making gun owners have a million $ policy to be able to own guns. If you can't afford one, and you keep your guns then that is a felony. How come liberals punish people who play by the rules, and reward criminals and laziness. :wall: I hope the last few weeks shows everyone just how important it is to vote.
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: $1,000,000.00 insurence policy for gun owners?

Post by Glen »

and reward criminals and laziness.

Uuhmmm,,, birds of a feather maybe?? That is exactly what a liberal is. A crooked lazy person that NEEDS their gubment to survive because they can't think for themselves.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

According to some guys I know from IL, this comes up every legislative session, and it gets shot down in flames every time. This is just "this year's installment" of the same old tired nonsense from Chicago to the rest of the state.

Illinois is a nice place, with a fine bunch of good people there, once you get out of Cook County/Chicago, and East St. Louis. The rest of the people are relatively normal folks.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

I have 5 million (for any firearm related activity) - no kidding.

It is a Canadian association, but the insurance is good.

http://www.nfa.ca/content/view/18/60/

http://www.nfa.ca/content/view/67/199/
cracker

Post by cracker »

Va varminter wrote:I was watching Glen Beck today and gun control came up. Someone in Ill. is proposing making gun owners have a million $ policy to be able to own guns. If you can't afford one, and you keep your guns then that is a felony. How come liberals punish people who play by the rules, and reward criminals and laziness. :wall: I hope the last few weeks shows everyone just how important it is to vote.
I hope the last few weeks shows everyone how important it is to vote ( for the right person)
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I carry $2 million liability insurance. It goes far when approaching ranches you have not shot before, as then they know you're serious about what you do, and there's little risk from someone who takes his sport so seriously.

Voting: I'm sure all here who actually voted for the new "president", now know it was a very grave mistake. Let's hope they will vote for the "right person" next time. That is IF they value keeping their guns. (And if we still actually have our guns by then.....)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Hi,
In the uk most shootist join the BASC....British Association for Shooting and Conservation, for that we get: £10,000,000 public liability, £10,000,000 product liability, £10,000,000 employer liability and £35,000 personal accident cover. Plus we are only a phone call away from any help or advice we may need in relation to our chosen hobby. Total cost is a paltry £65 per annum. :D KB.
' Pay it forward buddy '
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Post by Va varminter »

Rick,
Do you tell the landowners about the policy during your asking permission or do you tell them as a "by the way" if they are wishy washy?
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

If I don't know them, I mention it in my initial meeting to soften them up so to speak, as they all get approached by all kinds of shooters, some whom spoil it for those that respect the land and the landowners interests. Another tact is to use your computer to make up a business card that has your name and personal contact info so they know who you really are and where you're from so they can contact you later for rodent or coyote control, maybe even pass your name to other landowners with similar problems. Seems to work purty well.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Another tact is to use your computer to make up a business card that has your name and personal contact info so they know who you really are and where you're from so they can contact you later for rodent or coyote control, maybe even pass your name to other landowners with similar problems. Seems to work purty well.
now that is a good idea. thanks for sharing rick. i already have some business cards made up, but never thought of giving them to land owners.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.