CZ 527 American

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
stevecrea

CZ 527 American

Post by stevecrea »

I am lefthanded, and am interested in the CZ 527 American, which is offered in lefthand in .223 and .204. I would be interested in members' impressions and experiences with this rifle, particularly with regard to accuracy, best loads, tendency to favor lighter or heavier bullets, problems, quality of action bedding, etc.

I have noted that some owners of this rifle have reported issues with scope mounting, because the mini mauser action is so short, thereby limiting scope forwardness and placement in some cases.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: CZ 527 American

Post by BabaOriley »

Calhoon bolt mod is $40. http://www.jamescalhoon.com/

I don't think the left handed rifles are as accurate. ;)
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

Baba,

Have you seen or used the Calhoon bolt modification?

I know, the lefthanded ones shoot like shotguns, just like me.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
BillC
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by BillC »

I have a CZ 527 Varmint in .204 and just mounted a Nikon Buckmark 6-18 X 40 in Millett Rings. There was plenty of fore/aft movement to set the scope for perfect eye relief and the bolt handle clears easily.

I believe the "American" comes with rings. The "Varmint" does not (CZ USA has/had the Millett rings on closeout for $10 plus $10 shipping).

Bill.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I had to bed the recoil lug on my American, the barrel tended to lean towards the right side of the channel, and no amount of opening the channel was going to fix it. I reworked the lug mortise in the stock, wrapped a little tape around the barrel, and mixed up some Acraglass Gel for the lug area, problem solved.
Now, it's centered in the channel, and shoots fairly well, with it's favored lighter weight bullets. It shoots 32s, 34s and 35s decently, and 39s tolerably, and 45 factory loads okay. I never bothered with the 40 Hornadys or Noslers, as I'd already had my issues with them in my Savage. In truth, I don't shoot this one as much as I should. Gonna fix that, this summer.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!