Cleaning Some of My Favorites

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Schrutester
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Cleaning Some of My Favorites

Post by Schrutester »

I decided to clean some rifles the other day, and since I am new to the forum and like seeing pics of your rifles I thought I would post a couple favorites of mine.

This is my Remmy 788 chambered in .223. It was given to my grandfather by a guy whose kids didn't treat him well in his old age and he didn't want them to get it. My grandfather used it and then gave it to me.

It had always held its own at the range, but it had a heavy trigger. I had a gunsmith lighten it to about 3lbs and it has been fun to see the groups tighten up. I am not into reloading yet, but this Remmy loves both the Ultramax 52 Grain HP's and 55 Grain Noslers.

I have friends that always tell me to get rid of the see-through mounts but I like shooting iron sights too much. They are also convenient when a yote decides to run in real close. I shoot a lot of rabbits with it, so anything within 50 - 60 yards get taken out with the irons! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This is THEE Yote Buster. It is a Remmy BDL 22-250. As you can see I like using the iron sights on this one too. This one is too pretty to scratch up if I can avoid it.

This Beauty likes the Remington 55 Grain SP's. It has an old Redfield 3x9 on the top. It has a big FOV and still works great so I can't justify buying a new scope for it.

Hope You Enjoy The Pics.
Last edited by Schrutester on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Cleaning Some of My Favorites

Post by Ray P »

Schrutester.......Thanks for sharing and it's always nice when a firearm is pasted down thru the family. Nice pics and don't worry about the see-thru mounts, they were very popular. I have a few my self along with some Redfield scopes of my dad's
Thanks again
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"