Stolen from Eric Mayer's Varminter.com, Cooper and Obama

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
jo191145

Re: Stolen from Eric Mayer's Varminter.com, Cooper and Obama

Post by jo191145 »

Hawkeye Joe wrote:
Does anybody know why the 2nd amendment was put in the constitution....... It wasn't to protect us from foreign governments. It was to protect us from the beast within.

The "Beast within" has grown long luxurious hair thats pleasing to the touch and wags its tail in a most friendly manner. Many folks pet this new animal with no trepidation. Instead they sense a feeling of safety and security. Euphoric even. All is well in the world. The future is warm and bright.

After the election if you watch real close you might notice the tail wagging a little less exuberantly. A slight curling of the lips might reveal a flash of white tooth underneath from time to time. The long fur will begin to shed even though America is about to expierience its coldest and darkest of winters. Some folks who once felt this animals inner glow now might be sensing peril and doom.

After the inaugeration there will be a meeting of "the beasts". The young animal will quickly learn he is not the leader of this new pack. The once soft hair will fall out entirely revealing a scaly armor like skin. The serpent like tail whips to and fro but no longer resembles a wag. The once hidden fangs dripping with saliva will now be fully exposed by lips withdrawn in a perpetual snarl as it tears the Constution to shreds. More people feel fear and pain. Its too late. The beast is among us now.

I give you Pelosi's pet.
May God be with us.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

As a proud, patriotic, successful, self employed American surely try to fault nobody for the color of their skin, political orientation, sexual orientation, religeous beliefs etc. If I disagree, I might argue my point, or even steer clear, but I think some people get a bit to carried away with things. It's just sad that we are supposed to be free to choose whomever we want in the election, but can be persecuted for making the "wrong" choice and making it known.

Walmart and China are things I feel need more attention than which one of the two main idiots is going to get elected...

P.S. I enjoy my guns as much as anybody and fully intend to grow my collection regardless.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

TD-Max wrote:As a proud, patriotic, successful, self employed American surely try to fault nobody for the color of their skin, political orientation, sexual orientation, religeous beliefs etc. If I disagree, I might argue my point, or even steer clear, but I think some people get a bit to carried away with things. It's just sad that we are supposed to be free to choose whomever we want in the election, but can be persecuted for making the "wrong" choice and making it known.

Walmart and China are things I feel need more attention than which one of the two main idiots is going to get elected...

P.S. I enjoy my guns as much as anybody and fully intend to grow my collection regardless.
Very well stated, TD-MAX....

You need to remember, thought, that Wal-Mart has real deals occasionally on Savage-Stevens rifles. You don't want to bite the hand you feed out of regularly...

JMo - BCB
rayfromtx

Post by rayfromtx »

Bayou City Boy wrote:=
Very well stated, TD-MAX....

You need to remember, thought, that Wal-Mart has real deals occasionally on Savage-Stevens rifles. You don't want to bite the hand you feed out of regularly...

JMo - BCB
That and any other savings you find at walmart are savings that we can ill afford to take.
woodchuck

Post by woodchuck »

Looks like Obama and Bi(nla)den will be taking our dollars and giving us the "change".
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

woodchuck wrote:Looks like Obama and Bi(nla)den will be taking our dollars and giving us the "change".
I'm sorry, but that is pure ignorance. All of this bias and bickering and "my party's better than yours" BS isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to pull together, BUY AMERICAN not Chinese and keep our jobs in the US. Nobody is coming to take our guns. If they do try it simply will not work...
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

I'll save the mods the trouble Gary. Post deleted.
Last edited by jo191145 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Moderator, I suggest that this posting gets locked before civility goes out the window. Many of us have strong feelings on this election and what it may mean to gun owners. Gary
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

For the record, I am neither a Republican, nor a Democrat. What infuriates me to no end is the partisan bickering, name calling, and prejudices that infect so many. I most definitely believe in the 2nd Ammendment rights, but also realize that there is more to life than owning firearms. Crucifying and chastising Mr Cooper for making a choice that you do not agree with is just wrong. It's his right to speak as he pleases. Whethetr he supported Obama for economic policy, freedom of choice, or just for a change after Bush, it's his choice. If you don't agree that is fine, don't patronize his establishment and take it up with him personally. There's nothing wrong with a good civilized debate, but there's just no sense in making a public spectacle of the situation or name calling.

Had both parties stood for the exact same values with the exception of their 2nd ammendment views, then things would definitely be different.

If you want to take up an action that is seriously needed, take up the "political no call list" and stop the annoying phone calls...

P.S. "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers."