17 HMR COYOTES DOUBLE STACKED

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
WYLDRUCKUS
.204 Ruger Guns: REMINGTON VTR

17 HMR COYOTES DOUBLE STACKED

Post by WYLDRUCKUS »

Hey guys This all took place in February but I am new to this forum and I remember this day like it was yesterday.

Early one morning around 9 I took a look out of the bedroom window that overlooks some of my fields here on the farm and to my surprise I seen a lone coyote trotting across quartering away from me so I quickly ran to grab my calls and my savage 17 HMR. I opened up the window and gave a few distress calls on my raspy coaxer and I lost him in the swamp. I had to check on my father-in-law so I did and he was ok and I told him I might shoot. So I'm back at the window and I see nothing, this time I use the regulator 10 and it wasn't 5 seconds and she pops out of the thicket next to the swamp. I reach for my HMR and chamber a round hold the crosshairs on her temple and squeezed. :camper: she dropped in her tracks! I was very excited to have taken a yote with the 17 I went and told my father-in-law. I grabbed my rangefinder and headed back to the window to see how far the yote was when I seen her 1st 330 yards and I panned over to where I shot her and :eek: HOLY COYOTE another one was walking around the one I just shot! I quickly grabbed the 17 again and the male was standing right over the female and he looked up away from me and I sank a 17 grain v-max between his ears :reddot: he dropped right on top of her WOW I was on cloud 9! I still can't believe it the pair was shot at 70 yards.Image
HUNT HARD. SHOOT STRAIGHT. KILL CLEAN, AND APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE!
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Re: 17 HMR COYOTES DOUBLE STACKED

Post by WaltherP99 »

Congrats! :wtg:
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

WYLDRUCKUS,

Sometimes things just come together when you least expect it.

.........and your wife perfectly understood your running around the house with a gun and making these funny sounds out the window in the middle of winter at something outside?

See, our wives aren't much different than yours, they think us hunters are all nuts but they still love us. After this happening a few times, they just accept us for who we, shake their head and hope none of their friends saw us.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Great job! I really like my 17 hmr I wish I had gotten the wooden stock like yours it sure is a good looking rifle. I wondered if they would take a coyote or not I guess you answered that question. A double Wow!
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Ryan S Albright wrote:Great job! I really like my 17 hmr I wish I had gotten the wooden stock like yours it sure is a good looking rifle. I wondered if they would take a coyote or not I guess you answered that question. A double Wow!

You can get a TH stock to replace your existing stock (if it's a Savage of course ;) ). Just google "Stocky's"!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Man, that's so cool! Thanks for sharing. :D Gary