Well I hate to do this but I have to.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Re: Well I hate to do this but I have to.

Post by huntsman22 »

haha'ing here........
huntsman22

Post by huntsman22 »

I didn't mention the 'Custom Crowd' as I feel that base is already covered. Wow, this thread will really boost my post count.........
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I don't remember anyone bustin' Ruger's chops HERE, we're pretty much pro-anything-.204, but it obviously got to you, somehow or another :) . Any company can make a stinker or two, and we've heard about a bunch of them here and there. Rugers DO seem to make rifles that will tolerate the 40 Hornadys pretty well, at least, more often than Savage, in my experience. I haven't got any beef with them, except the smallish safety lever on the post-tang safety guns, and the triggers. I think they look great, personally, and most of them shoot reasonably well, at least. Naw, we like Rugers well enough..........

But now you've got a CZ, which, as you've discovered, ain't half bad, either, so you might as well join in the pro-CZ crowd. Since we're all pretty much pro-.204 (or why would we be here? :D ) we try not to fuss about a person's choice of said .204..
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
huntsman22

Post by huntsman22 »

Yup. No matter which club, it's still the 204um....... If m.newt was thin skinned enuff to be run off from ruger bashers once, I'm left wondering what his mental state will be, after reading my 'club' ramble........ :wall:
kenyonh
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VLSS

Post by kenyonh »

After reading all the data I could get my hands on just knew the .204 was for me. After 1 1/2 years I got my Rem 700 VLSS, took it over to a buddys place to sight in and I was P($$d :wall: ! It wouldn't group less than 3 inches at 100yards. I didn't like being smoked by a .22LR. Not willing to give up the caliber, I hand loaded :idea: (the original intent anyway) 100 rounds @ 10 different loads. Magic! I found the sweet spot. The gun is a tack driver, but don't I dare budge more than .3 of a grain of Varget with 32 or 40gr. V-Max. Haven't strayed from the Hornady yet.
Greg H.
Not only do we have opposing thumbs, we also have trigger fingers.