5.7x28 FN

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
brokeasajoke
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem VSSF II .204 VX-III 8.5-25 side focus tgt dot

5.7x28 FN

Post by brokeasajoke »

Anyone studied up on the 5.7x28 FN? Just seen it and it sparked my interest. Before i forget saturn was just right with jupiter and my barrel had just the right amount of fouling at the right temperature with just the right amount of moisture in the sandbags and accidently shot a .116 3 shot with 32gr factory hornadys while sighting my new glass. I think i said "wahoo". Just sighted my new vx111 8.5x25 scope yesterday. Geez had that thing a year now. life will pass you up if your not careful so shoot more.
stevecrea

Re: 5.7x28 FN

Post by stevecrea »

I recently saw an article in one of my recent gun magazines that discussed this proprietary cartridge, and the author speculated that it could become a popular varmint round. It is now primarily a proprietary handgun round developed by FN. It may also be available in at least one of FN's assault type rifles.

It looks interesting as a possible varmint round that would approximate 22 Hornet performance, but from a much more compact case. Most of the ballistics data that I have seen published is from handgun performance, and the velocities are less because of limited barrel length. However, roughly extrapolating from the handgun data, it looked like one could expect velocity of 2800 or 3000 fps with the 28 grain bullet.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: 5.7x28 FN

Post by Captqc »

The problem is that them little buggers is darn expensive! :eek: I almost bought one as a varmint popper but the ammo price talked me out of it. Gary