Nightforce VS. Leupold

Discussion about rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Nightforce VS. Leupold

Post by Captqc »

Yea, my picture does make it look canted but it ain't! Oh wait maybe my head is canted!!!???!!! :eek: :lol: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gary: Maybe your head is canted............but Skippy sure doesn't seem to notice! :lol:

Do you think that's what causes you to snore louder than the Santa Fe Freight? :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick, I guess you'll just have to find out next week! :banana: Gary
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

Hey rick whats up with the 1/8" moa being 400 cheaper Whats the advatage of the 1/4 were its 400 more.Its going to take me a little bit of time to save up this info is for myself and my best friend he is getting a good scope for his 40 th b-day and i am gathering info for the both of us. Thanks for the web address for the scopes. Yea i am hoping for some good weather supposed to be better My farmer told me the rats have been out since feb in the snow. He said the rats are so hungry from the snowy cold winter when the sun came out they were out (probably a little hungry) Those bullet drop compensators(bdc) are very tempting.
I will post some pictures from my rat hunt

good luck.
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

I am still thinking , i am leaning towards the Leupold now , my best buddy bought a night force used it on our last trip and was not happy and sent it back and opted for the leupold . The Night force is clear as a bell and i love the reticel but the feild of view is so small i like the Leopold and the bushnell elite for that reason. The night force has the best glass no doubt but i am thinking leupold, now i just need the money
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

majcl5 wrote:Hey rick whats up with the 1/8" moa being 400 cheaper Whats the advatage of the 1/4 were its 400 more.
The Nightforce NXS model has the side focus feature with 1/4" clicks. The Benchrest model has the focus ring out on the end of the objective and features 1/8" clicks. I decided on the Benchrest model with 1/8" clicks for finer crosshair adjustments, especially at long range. The some of the extra $400 is for the side focus feature on the NXS. I would think that the Benchrest model would be more expensive than the NXS if it also had a side focus.

Nightforce scopes are customizable. I paid extra for the CH-3 reticle. I love this reticle for bench work. My scope is the 12-42X56 with the 30mm tube. You can always crank the Nightforce down in the field but you can't get more magnification at the bench if it isn't there to begin with. I think you will be happy with either scope, just don't rule out the Nightforce before you look through one of those laser etched reticles and see the clarity for yourself. Eventually, Rick will own one too.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

majcl5 wrote:Nightforce scopes are customizable
the leupolds are customizable also. i have a VXII 6-18x40mm AO with the customized LRV reticle, and set up for my 204. Leupold just needs some specifics from you, like caliber, muzzle velocity, bullet weight and BC. Also wanted to know what elevation I am shooting at, and the average temps I shoot in. :eek:
They can also customize your name on the scope, and will color it, if you are into that stuff!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.