Almost here!!

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Almost here!!

Post by Verminator2 »

Spring! :w00t: I went over to my cousin's house this morning and the rats (sage rats/ground squirrels) are out :D :horse: I didn't get a shot off at one though, but they better watch out when the come up around my place. :shotgun: :assault:
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Almost here!!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Verm2: Yipee! You're talkin' my language buddy! Glad to see Skippy poking his head out already. I was outside today in the sunshine, and thinking about that very thing, wondering if he was out at all yet.

We've got some more junk weather coming in this week and for the weekend, but in another few weeks there should be some primers being popped me thinks. Like you, I'm ready for some high-volume squirrel launching!

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

We've had a traditional WI winter this year with lots of snow and lots of blow. I don't remember when the last time we had this much snow and blow was. I've been jonesing to spill some guts and hope to do so this weekend. Not sure if I'll get my Ranger back in the woods and I hate to carry 50# of corn to feed the deer/critters. I haven't been feeding all season so it will take a while for the squirrels to find it. Last year I shot a lot of red squirrels and a couple of mice from a deer blind.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
Rick65Cat
.204 Ruger Guns: M77 MkII Target

Post by Rick65Cat »

Way up here in Edmonton Ab, We still have about 12 to 14 inches of snow on the ground so it will be a short while yet. The temps are getting warmer tho.
About 6 or 8 of us have a safari planned for the long weekend in May. Taking an extra day off work and heading to southern Alberta maybe into southern Sakatchewan. Taking my .204 with about 350 rnds, two .22 semis with hi-cap mags and about 10,000 rnds of hollow point, maybe my mossberg 590A 12ga with 300 - 400 rnds for that...can't wait. 8)
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick65cat, I was in Calgary a couple of weeks ago and it was -24F! :eek: I sure hope you thaw out up there soon! :lol: Gary