Bullet runout question

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Bullet runout question

Post by ulen mn »

quick question I was wondering if I could push the bullet with my finger to get rid of run out I am using a RCBS casemaster gauge and have about .002 to .004 in run out but can get that down to .001 if I push down on the bullet at the high spot or by doing this will I just loosen my neck tention?? thanks Ulen MN
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
Lee C.

Re: Bullet runout question

Post by Lee C. »

Ulen mn, I remenber seening a tool made just for straighten out bullets that have some run out. But i can't see how it would help you neck tention any. It seems to me it would just loosen the bullet in the neck. Thats just my .02
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by ulen mn »

Thanks lee that was my thinking to after doing it to a couple I watched as the bullet was pushing on the opisit side of the neck thinking that this was doing it no good time to start looking at neck turners and getting my neck runout under controll first. any one have some sugestions on neck turners?? Ulen
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Ulen mn, You can go to ( Precision reloading 1-800-223-0900 ) They sell the K&M neck turner and evey thing you need for doing the job. Look under the case prep tools on there web page and you'l see the K&M tools they sell. Hope this helps you some.