AR-15 Les Baer

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Super 91

AR-15 Les Baer

Post by Super 91 »

I've done a ton of on-line searches, and have found some great articles about his Super Varmint, but I also see a number of other similar guns out there, without all the bells and whistles he puts into his guns, and was wondering if his guns are really worth the extra $. I think from my research he has one of the best systems out there if you are going to go with the AR platform.

Any of you guys have one of his rifles in the AR platform? And if so, can you give me your thoughts on it? I am looking to purchase soon, and there is a 16 week lead time on getting one, so I would love to know as much as I can before I put my non-refundable deposit on a gun I might not want.

I like the look of his the best, and it seems he has a great 1/2 M.O.A. guarentee or better. Any help would be appreciated.
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Re: AR-15 Les Baer

Post by dannybracy »

Hey Super91, Hawkeye Joe just picked one up. I am sure that he knows all the details of the rifle. Nice guy too! Good luck and you just cant go wrong w/ a 1/2'' guarantee semi!!! -Dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Super 91
When I picked up the Les Baer AR I couldn't help myself. It begged me to buy it! Accuracy has been the reason for me not owning one already. That's no longer an excuse with the Les Baer. They scream accuracy from the butt to barrel crown! The one I have on lawaway is in .223. I don't use plastic so I'll wait a few weeks ;) . The two test targets were in the VERY low 2's. If you ask me, A gun that will consistently shoot like that is definitely worth an extra $500. Then you have the Jewel trigger,Scope rings,and a bipod. There's another $400 in extras. I think it will be cheaper to get a Baer than to take a chance on another brand that might NOT be a shooter. And if it's NOT, you'll probably be over the $2000 mark to get the others to shoot like a Les Baer. GO FOR IT!!! I hope to bring mine home with a MK4 on top in less than two weeks. My rifle funds dried up :duh: :cry: :lol: Darn priorities!! I will be able to scrape up enough dough for a 204 upper though :twisted:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

furhntr
.204 Ruger Guns: cz 527 varmint

Post by furhntr »

Before you you drop the cash on the Les Baer I would look into a Dan Carey custom and search on Dedicated technology. Those are a couple guys who build some very accurate AR's. I'm not saying they are better then the Les Baer, but check them out...
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Also check out the Noveske line. Sweet rifle! I went with the Les Baer because it was in my paws while looking at the test target :eek: :shock: . It was hard to say no.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

joghotrod

Post by joghotrod »

I have two AR upper's and one lower that was built by Dtech. You should also check him out. His web site is http://www.dtechsuperstore.com. He is currently building me a 6BR upper with Shilen match grade barrel. He even gives you a discount if you are a repeat customer. Good luck who ever you pick.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. For some reason that Baer rifle gets my juices flowin', and I have never been a big fan of the AR's. And to have that kind of accuracy out of a semi is just amazing! I'll take a look at the others as well.

Thanks!