anticipation

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
madracer

anticipation

Post by madracer »

just a quick note out there to any magicians or wizards out there, i need some one to help me speed up time.......... anybody
lol

got a wallaby hunt coming up in two and a half weeks and im a little impatient. i went on one in november last year and my 204 was one week late arriving for it so ive had to wait almost 9 months to try it out.

anybody....

one i shot lastyear with my 22mag
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Madracer,
That's a tough one! You could try doing what I do, take your rifle into a dark room and gently stroke her while chanting "here skippy..here skippy...here skippy" into the wee hours of the night. :eek: Your results may vary, but we in the pacific northwest have a long gap between sage rat seasons and waiting is not one of my favorite things! As the old saying goes " patience my butt, I'm going to kill something!" :lol: On a more serious note, you should make a list of everything that you will need for the shoot and then spent your time making sure you don't forget anything at the last minute. Good hunting! :D Gary
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

I got one of those! It was the first .22 I ever bought!

I didn't shoot her for about a year.................I got my Ruger/Volquartsen 77/17 in .17 HMR.
Then I discovered Winchester Supreme Hollow Points! :twisted:
She shoots 3/4" at 100 yards........................Dr. Nasty is back!
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
madracer

Post by madracer »

i havnt used mine hunting since i got my 204 and it used to do groups like that to but with CCI maxi mag ammo

it was my first gun i ever bought also
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

;) I want to try the new ballistic tip V Max's.................I forget who makes them. I heard the Rem's were crap.

I paid $185 out the door with 5 magazines in 1988! Almost 20 years old............was my 'truck gun' so she has some character scratches...............but still shoots like a house of fire!

Gotta love them Marlins!

(Take her out on a date!................ler her smoke a varmint!)
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
madracer

Re: anticipation

Post by madracer »

leaving tomorrow morning oooooooohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh.

pics in a couple of days, sat night for u guys i guess. (sunday 4 me)
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

madracer, Boy, do I ever wish I was going with you. Shoot a couple for me.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I hope this gets there in time! :? You might check before using the .204, I think Aus has a minimum caliber requirement of .224" for wallabies and roos, to make sure there's a quick kill (yes, I know it's a dumb requirement, but the law is the law).
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
madracer

Post by madracer »

im in nz so theres no minimum limit on anything deer included.

i have been thinking about that for a amount of time because i only use 32 gr's but as long as i hit them in the top half there should be no problem. I have shot a few with my 22 magnum and they fall straight down.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

:oops: :oops: :oops: I didn't know there were wallabies in NZ, so I mispoke, my sincere apologies, sir! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
madracer

Post by madracer »

its quite odd really theres only one spot in the whole country that they live in but in that area there a plague. we shot average this weekend and got 44