Review of the Ruger SR9!

Talk about or share information about handguns.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Review of the Ruger SR9!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Wow Gary....you are getting expensive to hang out with too! You can always keep some of those new toys over at Rat Force One's new Man Room. ;) Cool new toys.

So, a No.1 in 22-250? Is it the Varmint or 1B model? Plan on trigger work forearm bedding/floating, as they all need some TLC in order to shoot to their potential. Remember I got mine from a neighbor who said "it won't shoot". Now it punches 1/4" groups with handloads, and wacks Skippy way out by where he lives...... Beautiful rifles with lots of character. I love mine.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Hi Rick, it's a Varmint heavy barrel. The trigger right now is at 4 pounds but it looks to me that there are a couple of adjusting screws on it, I assume that it can be tweaked. Still deciding if I "need" her or not. If I get her I'll sure bring her out. $699 is a lot of dough but they go for a lot more than that in the new Ruger catalog. Decisions..decisions :chin: Gary
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Captqc,
I had one of those and the two adjusting screws turned out to be dummys, i ended up putting a Moyers trigger in and also a lighter hammer which is supposed to shorten the lock time. Rick knows the score about all the tricks to get the best out of a R1, unfortunately for me i didn't know Rick at the time so i sold mine on. It was a tad heavy for a walkabout rifle. Regards,KB.
' Pay it forward buddy '