ruger hawkeye

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
assailant
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 .204Ruger

ruger hawkeye

Post by assailant »

ive just paid for a new ruger hawkeye allweather synthetic stock with stainless barrel in 7mm08 8)

this is my next progression from my savage model 25 in .204ruger so im looking forward to chasing some bigger game with it; namely donkeys and perhaps a camel.

i had ordered a weatherby vanguard from my local gun shop over 3 months ago, he didnt want me to put any money down then and there and so now ive ordered this rifle from a gun shop on the other side of the country for about the same price, so i feel like im getting a better deal.

firearms laws here stipulate that firearms can only be sent between licensed dealers, not direct to the customer. so i will have to pay a 'transfer' fee to my local gun shop when it arrives at his, i wonder how peeved he will be. not that i care, 3+ months is more than enough opportunity to take my business.

anyhows, ill be entering the ruger owners' club for the first time :P
aussie204
.204 Ruger Guns: m77 ruger varmint

Re: ruger hawkeye

Post by aussie204 »

g'day mate, where abouts in australia are you? which gun shop was stuffing you around? cheers, steve.
assailant

Post by assailant »

im in geraldton, wa.

i was in at this particular shop today, dropping off my pump action .22 for repair and i mentioned that i had ordered a rifle in from over east because they had not yet come up with any goods.
the excuse was the supplier said it would take a month to arrive, but i ordered 3 and a half months ago so enough was enough.

$78 for transfer though :|
Ahab
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender Hvy. barrel, Savage 112

Post by Ahab »

I've got one and it's sweet. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. :D
NRA Endowment
Arizona Antelope Foundation
Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society
assailant

Post by assailant »

finally picked it up this week (6 weeks for the licence to come through... which is relatively good).. hopefully take it out tomorrow for a sight in and barrel break in..