Savage Model 12 Dual Port...

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Savage Model 12 Dual Port...

Post by Ray P »

I see they make this model in Ruger 204 with 26" 1" fluted bull barrel. Any one shooting this rifle? What 's a good pirice? I like what I read. It comes with an H-S stock, target accu trigger. :duh:
Thanks for any input. You can't have too many rifles chambered in Ruger 204.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
okbob51
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper

Re: Savage Model 12 Dual Port...

Post by okbob51 »

You must be looking at the LRPV model....it comes with the HS Precision stock. They are made with right bolt left port, right bolt right port and the new dual port. Retail in my area is about $1050 but they are usually sold for around $850-$1000. Great gun! Buy it! :D
giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Re: Savage Model 12 Dual Port...

Post by giterdone »

Ray P........I just ordered one today (12LRPV .204 LPRB) about an hour ago; I decided to stay away from the dual port because I felt that by having two ports it may not be as rigid as a single port single shot action. Its only my opinion not based on any scientific fact, just a gut feeling. I was going to go for the .22-250 with a 1-9 twist but I like my Savage 12VLP so much in .204 caliber that I decided to get one in the LRPV configuration. They are selling NEW in box from $1050 to over $1100 in my neck of the woods (the .22-250 about $15 more), list is $1239.00. I have replaced the accu-trigger on my 12VLP and I hope the new "target accu-trigger" with the "red lever" wont need replacing. I have read both good and bad about Savage rifles but my experience has been that they are very accurate for what you have to pay for them. :D
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters