Some interesting things at a recent range day

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
iKonic Status
.204 Ruger Guns: none...yet

Some interesting things at a recent range day

Post by iKonic Status »

Hi Everyone

I love going to one of my local ranges every month, you get to see and play with some very cool stuff. Check out the following, some of which are very rare in deed ;)

This photo shows a Martini Henry (.450 caliber) and lying next to it is one of my Lee Enfield's (.303)

Below is a De Lisle .45ACP that belongs to another chap at my club...lovely and unbelievably quiet!! 8)

Not so rare to those of you 'across the pond' but very rare to us here in 'Blighty' is the magnificent Savage 12 VLP (.223rem)...I love this rifle. 8) Shame it came screw cut but I guess it's just my destiny to get into Hunting again :lol: At the bottom of the picture is a French MAS 36 (7.5x54) belonging to the same friend that owns the Martini Henry above (for those who care!)

And my Howa Varmint (.308win). I have to say this to anyone who's thinking about getting a Howa....DO IT!! The accuracy is simply amazing, out of the box with Prvi factory ammo (142grain .308 match), i'm putting 20 rounds through the same hole (all be it a 1.5/2inch hole...but good enough for me :lol: ) at 200 yards.

For those of you with eagle-eyes, you'll notice that my Glassware isn't the best but you gotta start somewhere....and i'm doing just fine for now. However I have been recently between torn between one of those NightForce Tubes and my bank balance...I wonder who'll win!?!? :chin:

All the best

Kon
Ruger 77/22 .22lr

Savage 12 VLP .223rem

Howa/Hogue 1500 Varmint HB .308win
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Some interesting things at a recent range day

Post by Captqc »

WOW! After seeing the Martini Henry I had to get out my DVD of the movie Zulu. Thanks for the great pics! Gary
iKonic Status
.204 Ruger Guns: none...yet

Post by iKonic Status »

Captqc

ZULU, what a quality film....haven't seen that for a while!!!

No worries for pic sharing, it was about time I popped my picture 'cherry' anyway :lol:

Kon
Ruger 77/22 .22lr

Savage 12 VLP .223rem

Howa/Hogue 1500 Varmint HB .308win
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

A De Lisle carbine? First one I've ever seen outside of a reference book! Cool stuff, there! I can only wish I had one, they appear to be the "funnest" of the lot. I sure wish I had one to play with, I can think of all kinds of fun I could have with that. :chin:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!