Don't shoot Obama

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Re: Don't shoot Obama

Post by OldTurtle »

Many years ago, I dropped off the NRA rolls due to a philosophical difference involving the right of the average citizen to own a fully automatic weapon/machine gun.... As a LEO, I couldn't justify the potential for that much firepower when we were saddled with 6 shot .38spl revolvers.

But other than the North Hollywood Bank Robbery several years ago, it has been very rare that any criminal has actually used a fully automatic weapon to my knowledge.

Thanks to friendships with a couple of attorneys (I know, blasphemy) 30+ years ago, I came to realize that the only rights you really lose, are usually the ones you give away...

Since, as an individual, I'm one small voice I re-enlisted with the NRA and never looked back.... Sure there are times when I think they could do more, or do what they do better..... But isn't that true with any organization??...At least they seem to have the strongest lobby effort regarding the Second Amendment.....

Of the original ten Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, the 2nd is the most likely one that we will lose in the future and if that is the case, the 4th and 5th will come right behind it...

Sorry, I got off the original topic.... Doing so would only cause the 'worst case' scenario for not only the Second Amendment, but for our nation as a whole.... Look at some of the negative aspects that were enacted following JFK, RFK, and MLK.....

All became "martyrs" to their followers, firearms controls were enacted, and the knee jerk civil rights laws, that turned out to be discriminatory in themselves, were enacted, causing a greater rift between the races than would have been had natural social evolution been allowed to take place..
AR
Factory/Factory
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Don't shoot Obama

Post by Captqc »

Ray,
Thanks for your response. That was much better the "whatever". Weither we are conserative or liberal or somewhere in between I believe that we as responsible gun owners MUST work together to ensure that we will continue to enjoy gun ownership.
Gary