Now I know what it feels like to be RIO

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Now I know what it feels like to be RIO

Post by Mike »

My buddy Rick (in Oregon) seems to have a knack for picking up fantastic rifles at amazing prices. Lady luck smiled on me recently and I'm the proud owner of a Remington Ti in .308 with a Leupy 2.5-8 riding on top. Anyone who follows this market knows that the Ti is not an easy piece to come by, so I couldn't be more thrilled with my new addition. Fall can't get here soon enough!

PS - It feels good to be like Rick. :D
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: Now I know what it feels like to be RIO

Post by RAMOS »

Mike, I bet it does feel good! I have no real hope of finding RIO type deals. I just hope I remember half of the smart things he has tried to communicate to me.

Are you blushing yet, Rick :) ?
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

:eek: Guys, stop! Rick is hard enough to deal with without you guys puffing him up more!!! If he see this before our trip on Wednesday he will be out of control! :lol: Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Captqc wrote:If he see this before our trip on Wednesday he will be out of control! :lol: Gary
Huh, what? If I see what? "Out of control"?......me? When? Wednesday.....are we goin' somewhere? :lol:

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys, not sure if I'm worthy, but thanks for the kind words anyway.

Mike: A sincere congrats on the new Ti rifle! I know how long you've been cruising for one. Ain't it great when a plan comes together? Don't take the name calling below serious, but you know what happens when you get a new rifle and DON'T post the required proper pics of said new treasure........

Seriously though, we know you're NOT a scumbag, but you know how The Gunny is. And we DO expect full photo coverage of any new weapon! :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike

Post by Mike »

Rick: I haven't picked up the rifle from my FFL yet, so that's why there are no photos. That's a lame excuse that is completely worthy of Gunny's scorn, so I will take my punishment without protest. :mrgreen:

I will be sure to post a full report once I lay hands on the new addition.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Oh Crap! He saw the post! Is there a doctor in the house? :huh: We are going to have to drug him to keep him under control, plus he is going to give me the business when he sees my new toy on Wednesday (Not the Ruger either Rick!) :eek: :lol: See ya soon, Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

"New toy"??? It's only been a week and a half since you were in the field, and now you've got another new toy? My God man, do you ever sleep, or do you live in the gun shop? :eek:

But you know how I am, and you've got my attention.......again. :chin:

Mike: All is forgiven, even if you did let the cat out of the bag before you had your new weapon in hand. That kind of excitement would indeed be hard to contain. I'll calm down Gunny in the meantime. :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike

Post by Mike »

Ok, time to make amends with Gunny, RIO and the rest of the guys here. As penance for my sins, here are pics of the Ti...