Which Rifle would you pick?

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Which Rifle would you pick?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Jim White wrote:
RowdyYates wrote:Am not a fan of some of the aforementioned C-Z quirks, and don't like the too-light American platform (had one)...
I too have thought about unloading my CZ [American] mainly because shooting from a bench it warms up pretty quick. But...for a walk-around/carry rifle [where it is currently regulated too] it's hard to beat. Jim
This is why we get into trouble with wifey.....a guy just HAS to have a bench gun in his favorite rat caliber, but then you just GOTTA have on in a walkabout configuration, 'cause the bench rig is too heavy to pack about in the rat patch all day.

See.....you "need" two rifles in each varmint caliber you own. Explaining the logic to wifey though is another matter altogether.... :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Rick in Oregon wrote:See.....you "need" two rifles in each varmint caliber you own. Explaining the logic to wifey though is another matter altogether.... :chin:
I learned not to question the logic of women's shoes/clothing/accessories a long time ago. Sometimes, leading by example helps pave the way for reciprocity. :wink:
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Don't let Rick fool you into feeling sorry for him. I can do a search here and present PLENTY of evidence that he is married to one heck of a peach! However, he is correct in advising two of each caliber rat rifle! Sorry, Rick, just could not let that slide by :) . I know you know how lucky you are! And yeah, I can only complain in jest myself.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

The Mrs. has her quilting items and photography equipment and she [and I] is quiet content. Just works out quite well that way.
sharps45-120
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M .204 Ruger

Post by sharps45-120 »

I have a 204 Ruger in a Mdl 82M by Kiimber. It shoots very accurately & a beautiful rifle. I would go with the Remington or Kimber or Cooper maybe even the Savage. Money wise I would go with the Savage or Remington, But if $ are not as important I would go with the Kimber or Cooper.
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

Snakeshooter wrote::huh: I'm new to the forum. I already ordered a Tikka T3 Hunter LH with a walnut stock (before I began reading posts on this forum) that I expect to receive during August. I'm beginning to think I may have made a poor choice as I read responses from various members on this forum. I may decide to acquire a .22-.250 in the not-so-distant future as I had a .220 Swift during the '70's & '80's with which I was satisfied. I would appreciate feedback on your opinions about the Tikka Hunter. Judging from some of the responses I have read, it seems that many of the forum members have Cooper, Savage and CZ rifles in the .204 Ruger caliber.
ive owned two tikka hunters one in 223 and one in 270 win both shot sub moa groups all day the 270 was my favorite fallow deer rifle i shot a lot of deer with that rifle only ever sighted it in once and dropped it a couple of times but never had to re sight it in used to check that it was right before the deer season and was all ways spot on owned that rifle fore 8 years and the 223 was the same it was my pro roo rifle hate too say how many rounds i put down range on that one never failed once i now own a fleet of tikka varmits and for the price there awsome guns by the way i have owned sako,s to but for the money tikka wins hands down just not as pretty cheers bazz
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Rick, I did remedy that wife problem a long time ago! Now I purchase one for myself and let her pick out her own, it solves the problem when she is along on the hunt and you hand her that bench type rifle. She learns to understand things real quick like.......It has worked for me for over 40 years so far. :D 8) :wink:
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

I drooped the hammer and got a CZ 527 Varmint in .204....Don't think I went wrong.....shoots really sweet....as long as I do my part...