STOCK TO ACTION BOLT TORQUE QUESTION

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
bkhartman
.204 Ruger Guns: none yet

STOCK TO ACTION BOLT TORQUE QUESTION

Post by bkhartman »

ANYONE KNOW THE "IN LBS" TORQUE SETTING FOR A STEEL BOLT INTO ALUMINUM BEDDING RAIL. I HAVE A SAVAGE 12 FCV , I E-MAILED SAVAGE ABOUT IT LAST MONTH AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS BRIAN
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: STOCK TO ACTION BOLT TORQUE QUESTION

Post by RAMOS »

Have you gone to their website to see if they have on-line Owners Manuals?
bkhartman

Post by bkhartman »

Yes, I didn't find anything there. Thanks
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Dang, hope they get back to you or someone who knows chimes in here.
bkhartman

Post by bkhartman »

RAMOS wrote:Dang, hope they get back to you or someone who knows chimes in here.
Thanks, I have a torque chart for various sized fasteners and materials but wanted their recommendation.
Ol` Joe
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100

Post by Ol` Joe »

bkhartman wrote:ANYONE KNOW THE "IN LBS" TORQUE SETTING FOR A STEEL BOLT INTO ALUMINUM BEDDING RAIL. I HAVE A SAVAGE 12 FCV , I E-MAILED SAVAGE ABOUT IT LAST MONTH AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS BRIAN

The aluminum rail I believe is simply an epoxied in place plate that the bolt travels through like a big washer. The bolt does not screw into or contact the rail at any point if properly done, similar to a pillar. I`d torque the screws the same as with any bedding in place.
bkhartman

Post by bkhartman »

Ol` Joe wrote:
bkhartman wrote:ANYONE KNOW THE "IN LBS" TORQUE SETTING FOR A STEEL BOLT INTO ALUMINUM BEDDING RAIL. I HAVE A SAVAGE 12 FCV , I E-MAILED SAVAGE ABOUT IT LAST MONTH AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS BRIAN

The aluminum rail I believe is simply an epoxied in place plate that the bolt travels through like a big washer. The bolt does not screw into or contact the rail at any point if properly done, similar to a pillar. I`d torque the screws the same as with any bedding in place.

THANKS OL JOEYou are correct and that is what I did. I can't believe I couldn't find it on line. Ended up using a torque chart I have for various screws & materials and its good. achieved -MOA with 32 grainers even with my old eyes. Thanks again Brian