TC recall is a joke

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
3delta
.204 Ruger Guns: TC Venture predator

TC recall is a joke

Post by 3delta »

Over a month ago I applied on line to Smith and Wesson to return my Predator for the recall. After a month of not hearing from them I send them a kinda nasty gram telling them I was not happy about not receiving the shipping info for Fedex. I then received an email from them apologizing and saying that they would send me the information. Two weeks have gone by and still nothing. The serial # of my rifle was on their list for recall and I got a confirmation # from them. I have dealt with TC in the past prior to Smith ans Wesson buying them out and have had nothing but outstanding support from them. I appears that all of that has changed. What a shame!
Needless to say I will put this information on every gun forum I belong to. I will never buy a Smith and Wesson product again.

A friend of mine has been going through the same process. :wall:
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: TC recall is a joke

Post by Mike »

Have you called them?
3delta
.204 Ruger Guns: TC Venture predator

Post by 3delta »

Not yet. I figured that after they emailed me telling me that that would take care of the problem and then nothing happened that the time for talk is over. Now I will inform them by email (that way I have a paper trail) that I intend to post what I think of their support on every shooting forum I belong to.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

I'm sorry to hear about the communication problems, but I feel like you might be a bit hasty launching an interned crusade against S&W at this point. There's no doubt S&W has dropped the ball on you, twice. With that said, I don't see any horrible grievance worthy of warning the firearms community about unless there's more to the story. I'd pick up the phone and have a candid conversation with someone at S&W explaining my frustrations and customer service issues. If that still didn't resolve the problem, then I'd escalate the situation. Just my $.02 though.