Held a Tikka

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Held a Tikka

Post by Song Dog »

Yes, I did for the 1st time. I was quite impressed, which I was doubting it at 1st. Hummmmmm....wonder where this may lead lol.
I have no experience with them, who has one what kinda groups are ya getting. If I did it could be a 243
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Held a Tikka

Post by Rick in Oregon »

SongDog: Send a PM to Gube, as he shoots a Tikka T3 Lite in .243W and has had great success on coyotes off his "meatcycle" up in Alberta. Do a search of his posts and you'll soon see what I mean. Lots of pics too.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

I couldn't remember who had one in a 243 on here. You jarred my memory. Its him :D Thanks
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

I have one in 223cal. It's not a T3 either, it's a 595 Master Continental with a varmint stock and a heavy barrel. Shoots sub moa all day with many different loads. My favorite is with 40gr VMax and 2230c using Winchester brass. The trigger is fantabulous. Just wish they made more varmint calibers for the US market.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

Here are a couple of targets from my Tikka, first one is five shots with 40g Vmax at 100yds
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

Song Dog wrote:Yes, I did for the 1st time. I was quite impressed, which I was doubting it at 1st. Hummmmmm....wonder where this may lead lol.
I have no experience with them, who has one what kinda groups are ya getting. If I did it could be a 243
I have a Tikka T-3 lite in .308...to say I was surprised would be a gross understatement.....After break in I am able to comfortably shoot .78 inch groups at 125 yards....not bad for a stock factory rifle off a crude rest...I would love to find a Tikka varminter in .204.....
zx10mike
.204 Ruger Guns: TIKKA T3 VARMINT

Post by zx10mike »

Pmoper wrote:
Song Dog wrote:Yes, I did for the 1st time. I was quite impressed, which I was doubting it at 1st. Hummmmmm....wonder where this may lead lol.
I have a Tikka T-3 lite in .308...to say I was surprised would be a gross understatement.....After break in I am able to comfortably shoot .78 inch groups at 125 yards....not bad for a stock factory rifle off a crude rest...I would love to find a Tikka varminter in .204.....
got a tikka var 204 :wave: just braging