CZ-USA Varmint .204 Decision

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: CZ-USA Varmint .204 Decision

Post by Silverfox »

GTOHunter--Congratulations on joining the .204 Ruger fan club. You will enjoy shooting this caliber.

It sounds like you plan on using a BoreSnake for cleaning your barrel. I know you didn't ask, but I would advise you to rethink that idea and get a good one-piece cleaning rod. Many cleaning rod manufacturers make caliber specific cleaning rods. Bore Tech, Dewey, and Pro-Shot make cleaning rods I like. Bore Tech makes nylon brushes and spear-tipped jags in a line called the "Proof Positive" line. They are made of material that does not give you a false copper reading like normal bronze brushes or jags give off. They also make a "Proof Positive" cleaning rod, but it is pretty expensive.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Captqc...I'll try to post a picture....it seems I'm not the best in that category,maybe my Girls can help me along...I'm pretty bad at trying to work this Computer. :roll: :( :wall:

Thanks for the nice "Welcome" Silverfox,and the info about the BoreSnake...guess I better re-think my gun cleaning technics,I'll look into getting a cleaning rod for the .204 so its done right!Hopefully I'll be getting a Scope and start sighting the CZ in at the Shooting Range! :chin: :D ;)
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Update on CZ-USA Varmint .204

I finally got my Leupold Rifleman QDM 3X9X40mm scope (also recieved a free Scope Cover) it stayed hid under my bed for better than 2 weeks waiting/begging to be mounted! :roll: :cry: :wall:

My good Friend and Fellow Predator Hunter Dave offered to mount it for me yesterday (Friday evening Sept 2).We got under way and ran into a few issues/problems that were resolved after some serious thinking and well.....common sense! :chin: :idea:

When Dave put the rings on there were no markings on the rings themself or info in the Book on which one went where,front or back etc....?We had 1 ring fit good and flush while the other one wasn't fitting right after lightly finger tightening them to see how they matched up we took them off and inspected each one,I noticed the 1 ring had a raised square key on it and the back rail mount on the Rifle had the matching square notch cut into so we swapped out the rings to their respective spots and both of the rings now fit nice and flush so we were good to go and tightened the rings down and proceeded to put the scope on and line it up,level it out and set the eye relief to fit me and finished up tightening everything down....! 8)

I'm hoping to get out to the Shooting Range this evening and will let Everyone know how things goes! :D :wink: ;)